Daily Photo: Blue and White

Daily Photo: Blue and WhiteI snapped this photo on Sunday durng my flight from Frankfurt to Toronto. I really like how it turned out.

Untitled

By the way, when I checked the big departures board at the Frankfurt airport, they listed my destination as Soronto.

CAM00221.jpg

Argie

Look at you Mike, you're soaring with the CEOs. It is a cool pic BTW.

March 12, 2014 @ 9:11 AM

I was in economy with the other commoners, but I was joined by Canadian Olympian Graeme Killick. And Peter Mansbridge was also on the flight.

March 12, 2014 @ 9:14 AM

this guest

Nice photo
What exactly
are we
seeing

March 12, 2014 @ 9:17 AM

@this guest

I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone can help me with that.

March 12, 2014 @ 9:19 AM

Argie

Was Mansbridge flying business class?

March 12, 2014 @ 10:24 AM

Argie

@Mike
I know, a dumb question. He works for the CBC after all.

March 12, 2014 @ 11:00 AM

patrick

Woohoo! you flew with Graeme Killick! thats awesome! he's an amazing cross country skier who deserves everyone's support! nicest guy and has worked so hard to achieve what he's done with skiing!

March 12, 2014 @ 11:05 AM

@patrick

An announcement was made telling us all Graeme was on the flight and we gave him a round of applause.

@Argie

Two points:

1. We have no idea who paid for what.

2. Nobody in an equivalent position, with CTV or Global or wherever, would be flying economy class

March 12, 2014 @ 11:09 AM

patrick

nice! i'm stoked to hear that!

March 12, 2014 @ 11:15 AM

Argie

@Mike
1. I'm sure it was for work so CBC (us taxpayers) would be paying for it.
2. I don't know for sure if Global or CTV flies their staff business class - do you?

March 12, 2014 @ 11:51 AM

@Argie

No, but I know someone who knows Lisa LaFlamme, the CTV equivalent.

And if I were a betting man, I'd bet a boatload that she's not flying economy class while on CTV business.

March 12, 2014 @ 11:53 AM

elvis

@Argie - just because someone is in business class, doesn't mean they're paying for a business class ticket. I get upgraded all the time (for free) because of my status with Air Canada and my eUpgrade account. I would imagine Peter has status with airlines due to his travel. Additionally, many employers chose to put someone on business class for an overseas flight - I can tell you from experience that my productivity levels are very different when I've been on a red-eye in coach vs. business.

March 12, 2014 @ 1:21 PM

this guest

greenpeace volunteers
washing off
the olive

March 12, 2014 @ 1:42 PM

Andrew

As a former CBC'er, most people in senior positions, no matter what position they hold get business class seats for any flights over 6 hours.

Peter would have had business seating written into his contract.

I'm like Elvis, I flew business class from Jan 1st to March 5 for all my flights because I had credits to use. I think I had about 20 segments in that time all in business.

Cheers,