Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 68

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 68In this 68th episode, Mike and Elvis discuss recent controversies with episodes featuring Todd Shapiro, Alan Cross and Humble Howard's girlfriend. They also call Jim Richards. This episode is exactly 1:02:35.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Previous episodes referenced:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Andrew

I would have been around for your call, although I'm at home, so nothing exotic.

Cheers,
Andrew

February 12, 2014 @ 12:36 PM

Liz

Thanks, Mike. Just downloading the episode to listen while in the car this afternoon - looking forward to it.

February 12, 2014 @ 12:36 PM

@Andrew

You're too big a deal for a phoner. You've got to be in studio!

@Liz

We mentioned you, the cheerleader label and Corey's call-out.

February 12, 2014 @ 12:37 PM

519 Rob

Great episode guys.
I legit laughed out loud at something Elvis said...wish I could remember what.

And yes, Maddux is a Brave in my eyes.

February 12, 2014 @ 12:53 PM

McNulty

You lost me when you referred to anyone that was disappointed with your interview as an "idiot".

You post these online, you push people to listen on Twitter and you're bound to disappoint some people. While I don't agree with everything that was said, there were some valid criticisms to your interview. To discount all criticism is pretty arrogant.

February 12, 2014 @ 1:23 PM

@McNulty

I lost you? Really? With one flippant comment on a podcast?

Wow.

February 12, 2014 @ 1:34 PM

McNulty

Lost me on that podcast.

Not for life.

February 12, 2014 @ 1:41 PM

@McNulty

That's just me and my buddy shooting the shit... I called those who trashed my interview with Todd Shapiro idiots because it was funny to do that. At least I thought it was funny!

February 12, 2014 @ 1:42 PM

McNulty

Fair enough. It's just dismissive. Maybe some of those listeners were just there for Todd and won't come back but you do want to build a base of listeners. And sometimes it does help to listen.

I wouldn't say Todd needed to be grilled about why he got fired but there are other ways to get a bit more insight. BUT! I know you were slightly handcuffed by his reluctance and a wish to get more celebrity (or Toronto celebrity) interviews. But the best interviews are ones where the information comes out but it doesn't feel like a love-in either.

February 12, 2014 @ 1:58 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great podcast as usual guys. I agree 100000% with Elvis regarding Tim & Sid. As far as I'm concerned they should be the heir-apparents for PTS when Bob retires...or at the very least for the morning show. They've got a refreshing style that appeals to a younger demo than PTS, but that's fine since that demo is also aging and will eventually be the same demo as PTS has now.

IMO, the Fan hasn't had a good morning show since Landry left. Everyone they've had on since have been (as bobcat would say) unlistenable.

February 12, 2014 @ 2:28 PM

markosaar

Thanks for the shout-outs.

Also really hoping Amanda wasn't bothered by anything. The rest of the controversies I thought were silly.

February 12, 2014 @ 2:42 PM

Anon&on

I think you stirred up some new controversy. I believe I heard Mike say he was wondering what the motive was for Cross on H&F, asking Alan who phoned who?
Maybe I heard wrong, distracted by the sound of Elvis' frantic backpedal on the Amanda slight.

I was going to ask if you'd thought of Barb DiGiulio, or maybe Howard Berger.
The Mike Richards tell-all interview was fascinating.

February 12, 2014 @ 6:05 PM

Liz

First and foremost, eff @Corey. Why would I spend time on things I'm not interested in? Just doesn't make sense. Time is at a premium, for most of us anyway. Again, and every day, eff you Corey. Cheerlead this, you dick.

@McNulty

Huh?

@Toronto Mike and The Lunatic Known As Oshawa Elvis

Two friends shooting the shit entertained me! But then, apparently, Mike taking a shit makes my day.

February 13, 2014 @ 9:19 AM

Oscar

What's the deal with you and the Markham radio station? "The Howard Stern" of Toronto Podcasts wouldn't hold back on the details if he was gonna bring it up...

February 13, 2014 @ 2:44 PM

@Oscar

You got me. I'm not the Howard Stern of Toronto podcasts...

February 13, 2014 @ 2:48 PM

Oscar

Fair enough..

Perhaps the gary dell'abate?

If you note, I didn't put the call letters or name of said station in my comment out of courtesy.

Also - Give us a head's up on when Jim Richard's is gonna join. I'm interested to hear what he has to say. I would love to hear him on a morning show like the 102.1 - A smart alternative to their former host.

February 13, 2014 @ 2:56 PM

@Oscar

Howard Stern is a living legend and I've been a big fan since I discovered him in the early-to-mid 90s. When I compare myself to him, my tongue is always firmly in my cheek. I do try to emulate him, however, because I think he's the best interviewer alive.

Someone at that station owes my wife and I a lot of money. And it isn't Rosie! Or Howard!

The next time I record with Elvis we're going to call Jim... what questions do you have for him?

February 13, 2014 @ 3:00 PM

Anonymous

I'd love to know if he was ever tempted to bail on CFRB, espeically during the Mojo radio days. CFRB is a much 'cooler' station than it used to be, but there was a time when it was the 'heaven's waiting room' of Toronto Stations.

What's his deal with the Motts? Does he miss them? Has he ever had the opportunity of riding one of their horses?

Has he ever had Fish and Chips at McNie's with John Oakley? Would he rather buy a suit at Tom's Place or Korry's?

If Mike Stafford and John Moore were up against each other in Jeopardy and Jim could only cheer for one Toronto personality who would he cheer for?

February 13, 2014 @ 3:12 PM

There's no way he cheers against John Moore...

February 13, 2014 @ 3:15 PM