Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 64

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 64In this 64th episode, Mike and Elvis chat about Oscar nominated movies, Canada Goose jackets, Hulkamania in 1987 and Amanda's breasts. This episode is exactly 1:00:00.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

elvis

Shit. 1:00:00? Exactly? I can't handle that. Can you add or remove a second please?

January 22, 2014 @ 11:33 AM

@elvis

I did that on purpose.

January 22, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

elvis

Change it. Please.

January 22, 2014 @ 4:10 PM

@elvis

If you can produce a note from your doctor that verified you do indeed have OCD or another mental illness that makes a 1:00:00 podcast difficult for you to digest, I will happily change it.

January 22, 2014 @ 4:35 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great podcast guys, as usual.

Mike I'm with you on Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Liked the movie, loved the soundtrack and I'm no country fan.

January 23, 2014 @ 10:03 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

Yeah, Elvis is way off base on that one, as usual.

I'm a rock and rap guy and I love that soundtrack.

January 23, 2014 @ 10:05 AM

Anon&on

The Ill Vibe theme is excellent, and that Mike is too white ( as Ill Vibe said) to pull it off makes it twice as excellent.
Big Rock Candy Mountain is on many of my playlists ( the Oh Brother soundtrack).

January 23, 2014 @ 10:55 AM

elvis

I'll give it another shot (the movie) if someone gets me a copy...I can be wrong. Not afraid to admit that.

January 23, 2014 @ 11:07 AM

markosaar

I find the Jonovision story hysterical. All I can imagine is that someone at Humble & Fred referred him your way for some reason. Maybe their studio was booked.

The podcast is exactly half an hour for me because I listen at 2x speed.

I loved Oh Brother Where Are Though? too, held up watching it another couple of times too. I really enjoy its retelling of The Odyssey, especially John Goodman as the cyclops. Hate country music, love the soundtrack as a period piece.

January 23, 2014 @ 12:15 PM

@markosaar

No way the referral came from H+F because they would have sold him their studio time, for sure.

I'm expecting Jono in 5 minutes. This will be the first question I ask him.

January 23, 2014 @ 12:27 PM

markosaar

In other news, I am so fucking excited for the new Trailer Park Boys season.

January 23, 2014 @ 12:33 PM

I will ask Jono about TPB, for certain.

January 23, 2014 @ 12:35 PM

Wayner

"Oh Brother Where Art Thou" is, I understand, based on Homer's Odyssey. I went into the movie knowing that I didn’t find it enjoyable.

I’m a big fan of Greek mythology and couldn’t handle the interpretation. Perhaps if I went into the movie blindly I would have a different perspective. I am a Coen brothers fan

January 23, 2014 @ 4:04 PM

Corey

Okay, so Liz's comment about me being mentioned in the podcast was too hard to resist. I listened, and I learned. I learned that I shouldn't take being called an idiot by Mike personally, since he apparently believes all people are idiots. I learned that I irritate Mike more than I realized, though I'm starting to think anyone that challenges Mike's personal belief system irritates him. I figure that's why Argie and Nigel are constantly on the outs. I learned that Elvis is an idiot too, not only because he didn't appreciate "O Brother Where Art Thou" (it would require a guppy-like attention span to describe that film as boring), but because he misrepresented me as having demanded Mike "release his download numbers", which I didn't. I bid you both a hearty, "FUCK YOU!"

PS: Mike, "American Hustle" satirizes "Goodfellas", it's not trying to emulate it. Idiot.

January 23, 2014 @ 5:03 PM

@Corey

Did David O. Russell tell you that?

And everyone knows Elvis is an idiot....

January 23, 2014 @ 5:14 PM

Corey

Did David O. Russ...wha? Well, I'm baffled by that response. Unless you're suggesting it was meant to be a straight up crime drama(?).

January 23, 2014 @ 6:23 PM

@Corey

Although funny, American Hustle is indeed a crime drama.

January 23, 2014 @ 6:49 PM

Corey

I don't even want to debate this one. You're ridiculous. If the opening title "Some of this actually happened" didn't set the tone, then the exaggerated 70's hair, Jennifer Lawrence's obvious parody of the "Scorsese wife" a la Goodfellas and Casino, the scenes between Cooper and Louis C.K., the obligatory inclusion of De Niro (who I'd go so far as to say was deliberately made up to resemble Scorsese), the fact that the crime elements of the plot were pretty much afterthoughts, there to set up scenes simply for the characters to riff off each other, all of that is clearly satire. Al the Royal Pain mentioned Tropic Thunder. It makes about the same amount of sense to compare that to Platoon as it does to compare AH to Goodfellas.

January 23, 2014 @ 7:17 PM

@Corey

You just reminded me, I can soon write my entry about the Breaking Bad finale. I think I said I'd wait 6 months...

January 23, 2014 @ 8:48 PM

howard

@elvis
Sorry Amanda was too boring for you. Have a listen back to your episode...so riveting. You're right. Mike should probably never have her back and only focus on you and your compelling, hilarious content.
She really appreciate your feedback and promises never to screw up the Great Toronto Miked Again.
Thank goodness @Elvis set her straight.

January 24, 2014 @ 10:15 PM

elvis

@Howard/Amanda - well that's not what I meant at all. I feel like a wrestler having to admit the sport is fake but I bust Mike's balls about his blog and podcast all the time. He could have interviewed the Pope, Jesus and Bono all on the same podcast and I'd tell him it sucked. It's schtick.

I've actually listened to Toronto Mike'd once - the first episode - and then 15 minutes of episode 64. It sucks. I sincerely apologize to Amanda for suggesting she was boring. I was spinning and listening to two people riff was admittedly, the wrong move. All I really wanted to do was put on my Flock of Seagulls and WHAM! greatest hits and escape.

Mahalla.

January 25, 2014 @ 8:45 AM

Il Duce

@ Howard

I don't mean to throw Mike under the bus here but as a friend of yours I thought you should know Mike sought my opinion on something he wanted to ask Amanda during her appearance. Let me preface it by saying I talked him out of it by telling him his question was highly inappropriate.

Mike wanted to ask Amanda if he could 'inspect' the Breast work she had done because he was 'thinking of asking Monica to have it done as well'. Now I don't know what 'inspect' meant but it didn't sound right and where I come form Mike would receive the bolts.

Humble I'm not trying to tell you how to run your life but as a friend I would go with Amanda when she does another Toronto Mike'd Podcast.

January 25, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

@Il Duce

If that ridiculous story were true, I'd have at least waited until Amanda was fully healed before inspecting.

January 25, 2014 @ 10:40 AM

markosaar

So many balls busted.

January 25, 2014 @ 2:08 PM

Roshan

Very entertaining episode guys. Although I love to see who won, I can't stand to watch a full Oscar show. Too long & boring. I used to watch WWE/WCW for many years. By the time I turned 25 I only watched the specials but haven't watched any since 2007.

January 26, 2014 @ 2:31 AM