Steve Anthony + Monster Truck Tire = Hip Replacement Surgery

Steve Anthony + Monster Truck Tire = Hip Replacement SurgeryFormer MuchMusic VJ Steve Anthony is now a host on CP24. This past weekend, while promoting the monster truck show at the dome, he decided to drop-kick a monster truck tire live on the air.

Here's the footage:

If Steve looked like he was in some pain, that's because he was. He's since had to have hip replacement surgery.

Sammi

I really don't know what to say about this.

January 20, 2014 @ 11:28 AM

@Sammi

Fun fact: Steve Anthony replaced Pete and Geets on the CFNY 102.1 morning show in 1987.

January 20, 2014 @ 11:32 AM

Glen

Unfortunately for Steve it happened on SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!

January 20, 2014 @ 11:39 AM

Jamie

Stupid is as stupid does.

January 20, 2014 @ 11:59 AM

RS

Reminds me of when Steve would rush the windows at Much during his VJ days. Some things will never change... :P

Wishing him a speedy recovery! All joking aside, surgery is never fun.

January 20, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

Corey

Looks like Steve will gain some notoriety by being included in those "broadcaster blooper" reels on YouTube. Right up there with the grape stomping reporter.

January 20, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

Andrew

@ Toronto Mike,

Fun fact: I interviewed Steve Anthony for the JA Turner newspaper - The Iliad - when he got the morning show gig. We did the interview during his shift and he was so hoped on something he couldn't focus and kept picking at a sore on his arm. He dug at it so hard, he started bleeding everywhere.

A few months after that, I started working in the music department for Live Earl and Beverly Hills.

Cheers,
Andrew

January 20, 2014 @ 12:33 PM

bry dot

Hahahahaha!

January 20, 2014 @ 1:45 PM

this guest

imagine the close calls
you have had
sometimes stunts backfire

January 20, 2014 @ 2:04 PM

Jacob

Looks like he hasn't outgrown his MuchMusic days.

January 20, 2014 @ 2:06 PM

I can see myself doing something like this... so I'm hesitant to call Steve Anthony stupid.

January 20, 2014 @ 2:08 PM

Rob

Seemed innocent enough, a bit of bad luck there.

January 20, 2014 @ 2:24 PM

Cambo

Quite honestly, this was probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen someone do. What did he expect was going to happen? Those tires weigh about 1000 lbs each. If it takes a 15000hp engine to move all 4, did he think he was going to budge it???

And no, I can't see myself doing something like this. I'm almost 40 years old and know better.

January 20, 2014 @ 4:12 PM

brocon

haha, I always hated this guy and his Michael Bolton hair. I'm glad he hurt himself because its what he deserved

January 20, 2014 @ 7:22 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Doesn't take much over 40 to do some serious harm. I was cleaning off my car after the snow storm in December, was clowning around with my daughter trying to toss snow at here with my ice scraper, slipped on some ice and fell on my right shoulder. Looks like some where in my future will be rotator cuff surgery. I've fallen down Blue Mountain skiing and never got a bruise.

Long story short, I can sympathize and empathize with Steve.

January 20, 2014 @ 7:26 PM

Cambo

You can sympathize if it was something clearly unintentional. Slipping on ice is a bit different than drop kicking a monster truck tire. The outcome is most certainly predictable...

January 20, 2014 @ 8:00 PM

Bill S

If you have ever watched his on air antics you know that he has the mentality of a 16 year old. Are you really surprised.

January 20, 2014 @ 8:32 PM

markosaar

Weird that he wouldn't speak to Humble & Fred this morning.

January 21, 2014 @ 10:27 AM

Daver

You got to hand it to this guy - he has staying power

January 21, 2014 @ 11:02 PM

Anonymous

What an idiot. Now he's masking it with jokes and humour. Moron

January 22, 2014 @ 1:24 PM

Dan

Complete idiot.. This only adds fuel to the fire

February 7, 2014 @ 6:59 AM

Mindy

I feel bad for the guy, we've all been there and let's face it, he's a big kid in his heart! I hope your not in too much pain. Ouch!!!

February 10, 2014 @ 8:48 AM

Skidmark McGee

Hey, Steve, the '80's, and your VJ days, are over so need to remind us of 'The Tragically Hip'. That's as painful as your deserved injury. What are you, 12?
Douche.

March 11, 2014 @ 12:28 AM

Umen Thurmen

I was thought Steve was quite a doofuss to begin with and I don’t really think he had too many brain cells. He certainly wasn’t the brightest light bulb on the show. Kinda makes you wonder who hired this doorknob.

March 26, 2019 @ 12:56 PM