My Appearance on Global News Hour Toronto

My Appearance on Global News Hour TorontoIt's amazing how much traction my steam-of-conscousness comment on talking to kids about Rob Ford is garnering by the MSM.

This morning I was in the Toronto Star and this evening I was on Global News Hour Toronto.

Here's my star turn as Dad #2 in Global News Toronto's "Rob Ford’s admission presents problems for parents":

Update: Thanks to Lorne for the YouTubery.

Blind Dave

Well done, Mike. Excellent interview (for the time allowed) and you have a good tv presence.

My conversation with my young teen went something like this.

Me: Apparently Rob Ford really does smoke crack.
Him: Yeah, I heard that this morning.
Me: You're not gonna do that shit, right?
Him: Nope. (exit, stairs)

November 7, 2013 @ 7:35 AM

Lorne

For those having issues with Global's player (seriously, why can't any TV station have a web player that just works without having to crash from 15 million different ads and trackers), here's a Youtube version.

Mike's part starts at about 1:02

November 7, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

Argie

I rarely talk about my personal life but I feel at this moment I must share this:

My 12 yr old asked me, "Dad is OK if I do drugs?" I said "sure, son, any drug is OK as long as you don't blow billions of taxpayers' money on gas plant closures, e-health scandals and ORNGE debacle."

November 7, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

Jason C

Nice work Mike!

November 7, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Argie - Not the conversation being had here....

November 7, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

Thanks, Lorne!

I just replaced the shitty iframe player with your YouTube clip.

And I just subscribed to http://sevenseventeen.ca/feed/ via Feedly.

November 7, 2013 @ 9:10 AM

Argie

My God, Phil you're in serious need of a sense of humor. Good luck with your search.

November 7, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Argie - Say something funny, and I'll laugh bud.

November 7, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

@ Mississauga Phil,
How sad is it that if Rob Ford goes to rehab, he could win the next election?
How bad do the alternatives have to be that folks will vote for Mr. Ford regardless of his questionable habits?
Now that's funny!

November 7, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

Argie

Come on Phil re-read my earlier post and I'm sure you'll chuckle, at least a bit.

November 7, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Nigel - I have my doubts to the authenticity of the polls that say Ford would win in a re-election. If he does, then Toronto deserves whatever happens to them. I for one am hoping John Tory will run again. Michael "Pinball" Clemmons has also made noise about running. I'm not saying he'd be a great Mayor, I'm just saying I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say.

@ Argie- I would chuckle a bit at it, if it wasn't the same argument you've been trying to make since the Crack Story broke back in May.

I'm not saying the Libs aren't crooks (quite the contrary, I bash Mc Nitwit and his cronies all the time) I'm just saying it smacks of the typical right-wing "Don't worry about us...look what the left is doing" that right-wingers love to do.

My 6-year old knows that 2 wrongs don't make a right

November 7, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

Argie

@Phil
I guess as I'm not as funny as Jon Stewart. You know, Stewart would truly be funny if he had any balls. His humour is cautious (i.e. he would never make fun of certain protected groups).

November 7, 2013 @ 11:24 AM

markosaar

@Mike -- love the shirt!

November 7, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

Blind Dave

@markosaar

Yeah, even better if he had worn the CBC shirt!!!

November 7, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

@Blind Dave

I joked with the reporter Jennifer that I could put my CBC shirt on... she seemed to appreciate me not doing so.

November 7, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

@markosaar

I bought it online for only $15 from bikingtoronto.com but now I see they're only sold here, and for a little more $: http://bikingtoronto.spreadshirt.com/i-bike-t-o-C84718

November 7, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

Mississauga Phil

@ Argie - Again with the deflect to a left winger. This is becoming a habit for you

November 7, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

Argie

@Phil
Its no wonder certain regulars here love to hassle you. I try not to join in but I can certainly see why they would. I'll just leave it at.

November 7, 2013 @ 1:29 PM

Mike from Lowville

I've seen some brutal train wrecks in my life but never as bad as Rob Ford. His wheels fell off, and the tracks continue to get mangled as he waddles.....

November 7, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

howard

Well done Mike.
On TV your voice seems less like a little girl. In all seriousness so proud of you buddy and good on you for letting reason rain.
h