Barb DiGiulio Gone from The FAN 590

Barb DiGiulio Gone from The FAN 590Rogers Media let go 94 people across the country yesterday including Barb DiGiulio at The FAN 590.

Admittedly, I hadn't heard Barb DiGiulio in quite some time, but in the early 90s I listened almost daily as she joined Gord Stellick on the Big Show. It was fun radio for this teenager at a time when the Jays were World Series contenders and the Leafs were improving quickly with Cliff Fletcher at the helm.

If memory serves me correctly, Barb DiGiulio was seriously considered as Jim Tatti's replacement on Sportsline. Now there's an early 90s Toronto sports flashback for ya.

Justin

The nature of the business. Once they're around too long their salaries get too high and they have to be fired. Just like how Rogers canned Anne Mroczkowski.

November 6, 2013 @ 9:53 AM

Lyle Lanley

And then Global canned Anne Mroczkowski.

Sorry to hear they fired Barb DiGiulio. She was never strong with the sports but was always a fun personality.

November 6, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

Gary

I really don't like some of the new people they hired on The Fan. The morning show has progressively declined, in my opinion.

November 6, 2013 @ 10:49 AM

Andrew

Sad to see all the ladies gone who were let go from Rogers yesterday, especially Anne Doose from 680News. One of the best voices at that station and 14 years of serviceā€¦ I should also point out I'm friends with Anne from way back in my radio days and I'm good friends with her husband.

I'm not sure why Rogers let go of three talented women, but I guess they have their reasons.

Cheers,
andrew

November 6, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

We can say Anne Doose's husband is Michael Hainsworth who co-hosts Alan Cross's podcast.

November 6, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

markosaar

I've followed Alan Cross since the early 90s on CFNY, but I somehow never came across Hainsworth prior to the podcast. It's enjoyable and slick though, even if it mostly regurgitates the stuff I'm reading on Cross's blog.

November 6, 2013 @ 3:00 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Isn't Hainsworth on Discovery also, along with ROB Tv? I also enjoy the Geeks and Beats podcast, especially the obscure stuff Alan brings up.

November 6, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Yeah, the fan's morning show kinda sucks now.

Wonder where Jim Lang will end up.

November 6, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

Speysidephil

@Rick C

Hey Rick, not the same Hainsworth. I had to google it to confirm as I thought it may be him too.

November 6, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Rip Iron Mike Bensson

Damn cancer

November 7, 2013 @ 8:32 PM

Anonymous

I can't believe they fired Barb DiGiulio. :(

November 8, 2013 @ 1:53 PM

tom jelly

u get rid of a professional like barb , but keep these wanabees from the score , pretty sad decision

January 24, 2014 @ 9:39 PM

DP

The Fan 590 is nowhere what it used to be 10 years ago. They have let go of many great hosts including Mike Hogan and Barb Degiulio. Mike has landed on 1050 am at 7 pm which is great as I always found him to be very objective as opposed to most of the blue/white kiss asses on The Fan now (exclude Bob McCown from that lot).

February 27, 2014 @ 9:28 AM