Maple Leafs 24/7

leafsWith last season's late start due to labour strife, I almost forgot that we'll be the focus of HBO's 24/7 this year leading up to the Winter Classic.

HBO will be filming the Leafs and Red Wings throughout the month of December leading up to the Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor on January 1.

HBO-24-7-Logo1

I can't wait for this season of 24/7...

Mississauga Phil

I'm pretty excited too!! That being said, it's too bad Grabbo didn't work out. That guy was a character for sure, and would have been highly entertaining methinks!

September 19, 2013 @ 2:36 PM

Ron Wilson and Brian Burke would have been interesting sound bites as well...

September 19, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

Mississauga Phil

Well...yeah, but something tells me Carlisle won't disappoint!

September 19, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

Argie

They will need great goaltending again this year. Reimer supplied it last year - right up to the last few minutes of game 7.

I'm not expecting much from David Clarkson. This was a brutal signing - reminiscent of Burke's signings of Komisarek and Armstrong. Clarkson seems like a nice solid guy but I would be surprised if he puts up more than 40 pts.

September 19, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

mrmjorisinca

now we'll get Dion and Kessel..tons of Fun :)

Jokes aside excited to see what they can accomplish this year.
GO LEAFS GO

September 19, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

I'm a big Reimer booster.... I'm not sure why management doesn't seem to dig him. Bernier is clearly here to be #1. I'm hoping Reimer is lights out and takes back that job.

As for Clarkson, he's getting a lot of money, but it's supply and demand. At least Clarkson is a good player we can get behind. He's tough, has a nose for the net and plays hard. I'm glad he's a Leaf.

September 19, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

Speysidephil

I think the Leafs will surprise a lot of people this year. Great goaltending, kessel having a stellar year, and go Kadri go.
And I agree Phil, Grabbo would have been a hoot!

September 19, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

markosaar

How do you keep Leafs off your lawn?

Put a net on it!

September 19, 2013 @ 3:16 PM

4x4 Time

Don't the Leafs get 24/7 media coverage every year?

September 19, 2013 @ 4:16 PM

Lorne

Given how much the Leafs screw things up, it's just going to end up being non-stop footage of a couple interns putting on a sockpuppet show using jock straps.

"Hey, Jockey!"

"Yes, Strapey?"

"So we're working in a hockey arena, right, Jockey?"

"That's right, Strapy"

"Working for a hockey team."

"That's right also, Strapey."

"And all our co-workers are hockey players."

"Indubitably correct once again, Strapey."

"Then given all that hockey, how did we end up getting stuck playing the ball game?"

September 19, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

Cheryl

Watch out for my Habs though. Habs will shut the Leafs down. You'll see. Wait until two weeks from today. You'll see.

September 19, 2013 @ 5:51 PM

andrew

Just imagine with 24/7 if Torts & not Carlyle was the Leafs coach as it would be fun & games for sure.

September 19, 2013 @ 6:32 PM

Blind Dave

We'll see where things stand at the end of November. Great if the Leafs can be competitive and playoff bound, but teams will be ready for them and they'll have to be better than last year if they want to make the top eight. The gap between fourth and tenth usually isn't that big.

September 19, 2013 @ 9:48 PM

Dan

Too bad we'll probably get the shitty censored version of it seeing as Sportsnet has the rights.

September 20, 2013 @ 10:07 AM

@Dan

Only if you watch it on Sportsnet! Muhahahahhaa...

September 20, 2013 @ 10:13 AM