The Air Canada Centre Parent Lounge

The Air Canada Centre Parent LoungeI'm taking my daughter to see Selena Gomez Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre. It will be her first concert and I'm actually pretty excited about sitting beside her for the show, even though I don't care at all for the headliner.

Although I would have bought a ticket for myself regardless, I just learned that the Air Canada Centre will have a Parent Lounge open throughout Saturday night's show. Any parent or guardian over 18 who accompanies “fans with valid tickets to the show and who would like to be in the venue while the event is going on” are welcome.

Personally, if I was taking my kid to a concert but not attending, I can think of a million better places to hang during the show, but this does sound like a good idea for these acts that attract the pre-teens and younger.

Apparently, the Parent Lounge was open during the recent One Direction and Justin Bieber shows. Did anyone go? How was it?

Cambo

Word of advice from a friend who has done these teeny shows...

Bring ear plugs- not for the volume of the show- for the volume of 20,000 screaming girls.

August 22, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

@Cambo

I appreciate that.

I've never been to a pop show before. The poppiest band I've ever seen is probably Green Day.

I'm actually really looking forward to it, because my daughter is so excited about it. I'll report back here on Sunday.

August 22, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Doug

Two years ago I took my 8 year old daughter to see Justin Bieber...not sure if they had the lounge, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable with leaving my daughter and her friend in the seats by themselves.

This was my daughter's first concert, and I spent most of my time watching her watch the concert.

There will be lots of eye candy for you Mike...mostly Moms that take their kids to these concerts!

Definitely bring the ear plugs.

August 22, 2013 @ 3:52 PM

@Doug

That's exactly what I suspect I'll be doing, watching my daughter enjoy the show.

August 22, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

4X4 Time

Great idea for parents and the kids!

August 22, 2013 @ 4:33 PM

Roshan

I don't have kids but if I and they wanted to go for a band like One Direction or Beiber & Gomez, I would choose the lounge. Especially if the kids are a bit older. I hope they serve beer & hot dogs in there.

August 23, 2013 @ 9:27 AM

mrmjorisinca

I don't have kids..if I did I'd like to think they wouldn't be listening to such horrible acts but seeing as that probably wouldn't happen then I'd probably endure the pain and suffering in order to watch the reaction of the child..being an avid concert goer for over 20 years now, one of the best highs is to witness a crowd participation/reaction to artists on the stag. 20,000 people agreeing on one thing at one time in unison is remarkable

August 23, 2013 @ 9:31 AM

Kole

that's actually a really good idea. Keeps the parents close but still giving the kids a little freedom. Hopefully the music isn't too loud in there and the parents can enjoy some overpriced drinks and small talk while the kids fawn over whomever is popular.

August 23, 2013 @ 3:13 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Tell us the truth Mike, you are the Selena Gomez fan, you are just using Michelle as a cover! Hope she had a blast, she will remember it forever.

August 25, 2013 @ 10:17 AM

@Rick C in Oakville

Shhhh... keep that on the down-lo.

August 25, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

Nicole

I've seen Bieber, Selena, BSB, Jonas Brothers and a handful of others with my daughter. I had no desire to see Ariana Grande so I tried the parent room. It's not bad at all. It's in the upper level. You can hear the music, can't see. There is a bar and I think you can order food -not sure about food. I might be there tonight while she attends Shawn Mendes. Or I might get a ticket. Haven't decided yet! :)

August 21, 2016 @ 7:09 AM