Thanks and Pleas: Terry Fox 2013

Thanks and Pleas: Terry Fox 2013I'll be at High Park the morning of September 15 for the 2013 Terry Fox Run. Many of you have already pledged, and I sincerely thank you.

The rest of you stragglers still have time. Donate to my run and they'll email you a tax receipt in PDF. It's easy, secure, for a good cause and I'll owe ya a favour.

Terry Fox

• Pete K.
  • Nigel Trousershrapnel
  • Al The Royal Pain
  • Glen
  • Douglas
  • My Mom

The rest of you can whip out those credit cards and click on over!

Argie

@ Mike
You must be in sales - you're good.

August 29, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

Not sales... marketing. Digital marketing, in fact.

I'm adding to my hero list above as people contribute. I've just added Drew and Al The Royal Pain. Thanks, guys!

August 29, 2013 @ 9:37 AM

And a big apology to Speysidephil who I originally confused with Mississauga Phil...

Speysidephil was a big contributor early in this campaign and I really appreciate it.

By the way, everyone can thank Il Duce by visiting Palma Pasta in Oakville or Mississauga. It's an amazing family-owned Italian food store that I highly recommend. http://www.palmapasta.com/

And Jenny runs the amazing White Birches Cottage Resort near Algonquin Park. Visit http://www.whitebirches-algonquin.com/ and book a week for next summer!

And Al The Royal Pain is in a band called The Royal Pains. See them live! http://theroyalpainsband.com/

August 29, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

Douglas

I forgot to do this, but now it's done. Reminders are good things.

I pop in the Palma Pasta whenever I am in Oakville, at least monthly, usually on a Tuesday. That works out well, because lasagna is featured/on sale on Tuesdays. It's been about a year since I've been to the store on Folkway at Erin Mills Parkway. I have yet to see Il Duce. Maybe one of these days.

Have a great run, Mike. It's for a great cause.

August 29, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

Thanks Douglas!

Il Duce usually frequents the 3475 Semenyk Crt location.

August 29, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

Il Duce

@Douglas glad to have you as a client, remember we have specials going on everyday, cannelloni is on Thursday if you'd like to try something different.

@T.O. Mike have Humble and Fred donated yet, if not why aren't you asking them?

August 29, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

@Il Duce

You can lead a horse to water...

August 29, 2013 @ 3:58 PM

Douglas

@Mike and Il Duce - Now I have my explanation, as I've never gone to the Semenyk Court location. That's another one to keep in mind for my travels. I started going to the Folkway location in the mid-late 90s when I used to shop at what was then the Sunkist Market. Does that take me back far enough? One of the guys in my office, his favourite food is lasagna. I bought him a Palma Pasta lasagna a year or two ago. I now have a standing order to pick up whatever I can when I'm in the store. I did a Google street view of the Semenyk Court location. As far as I am concerned, "Best pasta in the GTA" would be my vote and window poster.

I often use what I call a better finish to "You can lead a horse to water", that being "but first it has to know it's a horse". Why that? Because if if doesn't know it's a horse, it hasn't a clue what it's supposed to do, be that drink, make a tax-deductible donation to a good cause, save for their retirement (guess what my profession is), etc.

August 30, 2013 @ 11:32 AM