You're Watching Late Great Movies on Citytv

citytvRevisting the Police Academy movies with my kids recently, it felt like the kind of fare I'd enjoy on Citytv's Late Great Movies back in the 80s.

Late Great Movies is where I first saw Porky's, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Revenge of the Nerds and all the classics.

In addition to Mark Dailey's perfect voice we had these on-the-street bumpers. If you're too young to remember this, you missed out!

Cbab

"You're watchin' me, watchin' you, watchin' Late Great Movies!"

July 31, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

Alison in Ottawa

Best TV voice ever + a great sense of humour! I loved his little intro/recaps...

July 31, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

Lorne

Putting aside the film grain and hair, here's my top three Retro Triggers from that background of that clipshow:

1) Arcades
2) Sam's
3) Phone number without an area code

Two of them also triggered the "huh, I think I remember seeing that one". About 2/3 of the way through, the girl that ends with "alright", and the final one with the two weird dudes

July 31, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

Stephanie

I read the title and heard it in Mark Dailey's voice. Tom and Jerry might have been the voice of the Blue Jays, but Mark was the voice of Toronto.

July 31, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

Anon&on

1:07, Phil from New York- and right beside his head is Times Square books & mags. Hilarious.

July 31, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Digger08

I got to know Mark Dailey a little bit in his last few years ...through his support and awareness of Prostate Cancer...

He really was one of the nice guys out there.

July 31, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

McNulty

Loved those. Such great memories of my youth and the slim hopes of seeing a naked boob late at night.

But at least I saw some great movies.

August 1, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

Mike in Guelph

I grew up listening to Mark Dailey and his great, witty comments on CityTV. Half the time I didn't even watch the movie but I always made sure to tune in before it started to hear his description of the upcoming "Late, Great Movie". He made staying up late worth it.
In a way, I wish TV was still like this...it had such a personal touch.

August 1, 2013 @ 10:48 PM