Songs From My Wedding

Songs From My WeddingI got married on Saturday. It was an awesome day, and now that it's come and gone, I can share the music we chose.

Processional

Bride and Her Father Dance

Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Neil Young

Groom and His Mother Dance

Try - Blue Rodeo

Distillery Wedding

markosaar

I question the appropriateness of "Blister in the Sun" haha.

Nice list otherwise.

June 17, 2013 @ 3:25 PM

@markosaar

That's how I opened my speech!

I thanked Monica for letting me slip in Blister in the Sun which is essentially an "ode to masturbation".

June 17, 2013 @ 3:43 PM

519 Rob

As a music blogger (cheap pop), I love seeing what you chose. Great CanCon too. Full marks for the Neil Young and Blue Rodeo choices. But seriously, you could slip Rush in there?!?!
I'd like to come down the aisle to YYZ.

June 17, 2013 @ 3:56 PM

Argie

Mike,

Congrats! Were you married in a church?

June 17, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

Tron

A darn good playlist. Congratulations Mike!

June 17, 2013 @ 4:21 PM

My mom loves Blue Rodeo.... and Try is one of her favourite songs. That explains that one.

Monica wanted to do a waltz with her dad.... and that Neil Young song is a great waltz.

Long Time Running is a gem of a song from one of my favourite bands and ideal for our first dance.

Pearl Jam, another one of my favourite bands, set the mood perfectly with Just Breathe.

The rest were songs Monica and I dig... she picked The Beatles, I sold her on Cat Power's cover of Sea of Love.

I'm happy with our songs.

June 17, 2013 @ 4:55 PM

Andrew

Excellent music choices Mike. I hated DJ'ing wedding. Despised them - mostly because of dealing with the people in said wedding party. I usually found the bride and groom great, however, the parents were nightmares. I'm really happy that you guys chose music that reflected you and your families. Music plays such an intimate role in people's lives and certain songs take you back to places you might have forgotten about and so forth.

Big thumbs up on the Violent Femmes. A spectacular track from an under appreciated band. Gord Gano is also an awesome softball player - perhaps you could get him to come and play on your softball team.

Congrats again Mike and Monica!

Cheers,
Andrew

June 17, 2013 @ 6:22 PM

Tim

Monica and Mike,

Thanks for inviting Ellen and I. It was an original wedding by a unique couple. Congratulations.

June 17, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

@Tim

We loved having you!

June 17, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

felix

Congrats, Mike! Take it from me, it really is better the second time around.

June 17, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

Support Spy

Congrats to you and Monica!

June 19, 2013 @ 3:21 PM

@Support Spy

Thanks!

June 19, 2013 @ 3:34 PM

Roshan

You guys look great! Congratulations once again to the two of you.

June 20, 2013 @ 1:51 AM