For Dave Price, One of the Daves I Know

For Dave PriceDave Price is Rob Ford's Director of Logistics and Operations. Back in April, when we thought he was Robbie's old football coach, I didn't like the optics. We taxpayers were paying Price's salary to do who knows what and it reeked of payback. We have since learned from the Globe and Mail that Price is in fact Doug Ford's old hash dealing partner in crime. Like Dougie said, "You can't teach loyalty".

Recently, Dave Price was revealed to be a frequent caller into Rob and Doug's radio show on 1010. Dave would pretend to be a wide assortment of Toronto Dave's, raving about the Mayor and trashing his rivals. Somehow, Rob and Doug were never able to recognize his voice.

Don Peat, on the other hand, recognized Dave Price's voice when he called the Toronto Sun to complain about their headline for this story. Price has since been suspended for a week without pay.

This song is for Dave Price, a.k.a. Dave from Scarborough, Dave from Etobicoke, Dave from North York, etc.

Andrew

We all have the same name, but, we come from different moms.

That is why KiITH will always be Canada's best comedy troupe.
Classic!

June 26, 2013 @ 11:20 PM

Wayner

We would never get this kind of entertainment if John Tory or Karen Stintz were the mayor

June 27, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

Argie

Is it true all of the KITH are gay?

June 27, 2013 @ 8:13 AM

Andrew

@ Argie,

Nope. At least not when I worked on the show.

June 27, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

markosaar

@Argie, what weird thing to ask. Only Scott Thompson is.

June 27, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

@Mike,
"Price is in fact Doug Ford's old hash dealing partner in crime."
Allegations are now facts, if I'm reading you correctly.
You really gotta let it go. Rob Ford and his brother ain't going anywhere soon. In fact his approval rating has increased since the alleged scandal.
We're over a month in and still no video, no witnesses have stepped up and gone public. How much longer is this feeble excuse for journalism going to be accepted as gospel. If the two Star reporters haven't corroborate their story at this point, they should be dismissed. That should be a cost for reckless journalism

June 27, 2013 @ 11:37 AM

Ben Vidal

@ Markosaar: The question doesn't even register as relevant to anything ever. Argie could have asked what the price of rice is and it would have made the same amount of sense.

@Nigel: In the Sun's poll did they contact Dave from Etobicoke, Dave from Scarborough and Dave from Toronto?

June 27, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

@ Ben,
On a scale from one to ten, how would you rate the "Dave" scandal.
Must be huge among the left wing sycophants.
But most people will see it for what it is. Another "gotcha" moment being passed off as journalism.
Less than pathetic in my book. Dave from Etobicoke and Dave from Scarborough agreed with me, but Dave from Toronto is just being a prick.

June 27, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

Ben Vidal

@Nigel: I don't really care I'd probably rate it as a 0 in the grand scheme of things. I think it's funny and I think the majority of people actually expected it. The Ford's pay to have their on air debacle each week, I was always under the assumption that most callers were either paid or people from Ford's personal staff.

My comment about Dave from all three area's had nothing to do with the supposed scandal, but the SUN and their poll only and was meant more as a joke than giving a rats ass about David Price at all.

June 27, 2013 @ 12:26 PM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

@ Ben,
Nice to see that you can put stuff like this in perspective. Kinda wish more folks could see it that way. Got the joke. Thought my retort was kind of funny too.

June 27, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

Ben Vidal

@ Nigel: Yes it was I re read it twice thinking you actually knew three dave's and then laughed.

June 27, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

Sam in Pickering

Only Scott is out of the closet, although I recall rumours about Bruce.

June 27, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

Corey

Nah, this wasn't a scandal, just an embarrassing, hamfisted tactic by the Ford Bros. I mean, seeding the radio show with callers is bad enough, but to use one of their best friends multiple times??? Clown show. Small-town politics.

If I can reference another classic Canadian comedy show, Ford comes across as less capable than Mayor Tommy Shanks of Mellonville.

June 28, 2013 @ 9:22 AM