The Playoff Pool: After 2 Rounds

The Playoff Pool: After 2 RoundsA collective of family and friends drafted in my annual NHL playoff pool. Everyone drafted ten players and a point is a point is a point. With round 2 ending last night, here are some observations.

• Only one person has no active players remaining. That would be Mike Muzzin who drafted 7 Red Wings.
  • My brother Steve is currently in last place, but he has surpassed the legendary Lamster Line. Steve drafted a bunch of Canucks.
  • The leader right now, Jason, is in great shape, despite drafting a bunch of Sens.
  • Mofo still has 9 active players. Currently in 3rd place, I wouldn't bet against this mofo.
  • I'm rooting for my 11-year old son who is currently in 2nd place out of 13 drafters. Once again, he's beating his old man who sits in 7th.

My favourite fun-fact about the final four teams is that they're the last four Stanley Cup winners. There's a lot of playoff experience remaining.

I'm sticking with my end-of-season finals prediction: Penguins over Blackhawks in 7.

519 Rob

Good luck to your son, I'm rooting for him!

With my Sens a memory, I'm not sure who I want to win now. Usually I pick the team with the longest cup drought, but with the last 4 winners in the final 4, that would be The Pens who won 4 years ago. Not really a hard luck franchise...

May 30, 2013 @ 10:52 AM

Gary

Are the playoffs still on?

May 30, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

Gump

Gotta love the NHL playoffs!
Only league where interest *decreases* the further it goes.

May 30, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

Derrick

*yawn*

May 30, 2013 @ 3:02 PM

Cheryl

So I was wrong about the Sharks. The Kings won. Okay. Hawks over Kings in seven, Bruins over Pens in seven. Then Bruins over Hawks in seven. Bruins win the cup. Yes, they will. No doubt about it. They will win the cup.

May 30, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

Anon&on

That's an interesting factoid on the final 4.
I'm going with the Hossa factor. Hossa went to the final with Sid, lost. Hossa went to the final against Sid, lost. He needs to complete the sequence- go to the final against Sid and win.
Hawks over Pens in the final.

May 30, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Cheryl

No no, Bruins are going to win the cup. You'll see. Bruins all the way. Both series last seven games.

May 31, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

Rosemary Power

Good luck to your son! I'm going with Chicago. They battled through some adversity against the red hot Detroit squad and will not let that happen again. They dominated the league during the season and if they stay healthy they are unstoppable. Boston's physical game will beat the pens up a bit. Chicago in 6 vs the Pens.

May 31, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

JasonS

This playoffs has been really surprising. It's like a rollercoaster. I did predict the top 4, but how they got their was dramatic.

Yes, I'm in the lead right now but I don't think I will win. But you never know, it might be close.

June 4, 2013 @ 11:15 AM