Vinyl 95.3 Now 953 Fresh FM

Vinyl 95.3 Now 953 Fresh FMHamilton's Vinyl 95.3, which played Greatest Hits from the 70s and 80s, is now 953 Fresh FM playing top 40 hits from today.

Of interest to fans of the Humble and Fred Podcast is that Kelly Cutrara has a gig at 953 Fresh FM from 3pm to 7pm weekdays. She starts Monday making this her last week on the podcast. Congrats, Kelly.

I didn't listen to Vinyl and I'm sure I'll never hear Fresh FM from Hamilton, but if you're in the Hamilton area and enjoy top 40 hits, you have a new destination to sample.

Corey

Awesome for Kelly, big loss to the podcast. She's awesome. H&F have been lucky to have found two bright and funny women contributors in Kelly and Eileen. When Eileen leaves there'll be a big hole to fill. I think the female participation gives the show some credibility - it might be difficult to find another woman that posses the right type of humour to fit in.
Any other regular listeners think there was some real tension between the fellas and Kelly over the pat few weeks? I'm sure they'd say it was all a "bit", but I'm not sure. Some of their jabs at her felt like they had an edge to them.

April 10, 2013 @ 12:31 PM

@Corey

I'm 99.9% sure the guys found out about Kelly's new job yesterday.

April 10, 2013 @ 12:47 PM

Mark H

It's a bit of a shame. My wife and I had 95.3 on our kitchen radio presets, it would have some pretty decent blocks of older music.

All I can say is ANOTHER Top 40 station? Really? We needed that?

April 10, 2013 @ 12:47 PM

dizi izle

Did Kelly get paid to be on the Humble and Fred podcast?

April 10, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

Corey

@Mike - sorry, I didn't mean to imply the perceived tensions were related to the new job. Only that something seemed "off" for a while now. Howard feigning irritable at her comments, Fred mock-attacking her for being late, etc. like I said, they present this all as part of a "bit" (I even just described them as "feigning" and "mock" attacks) but I got the feeling there was something more to it under the surface. Maybe just me.

April 10, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

Garnet

We're happy to have Kelly aboard! She's a great talent, and a great addition to the team! Also, you should have no problem hearing Fresh...our signal can be heard clearly in Barrie! 95.3 is the strongeest position on the dial...Keep listening!

April 10, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

Teena in Toronto

It sucks that they are changing formats :( Nothing wrong with Top 40 but there's enough stations to listen to for that.

April 10, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

Garnet

Techincially, it's not "Top 40". It's Hot AC. It'll have some current hits, some retro, but most of the music will be from 2000-today. It's a great mix, and it's gonna be a lot of fun! Join us, won't you?

April 10, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

Colleen

I'm 20, and I listen to top 40. My favourite stations are those of todays hits (103.5, 99.9, 92.5, 104.5, 93.5..etc). But with that being said, there are way too many mainstream radio stations out there. My dad (age 56) used to listen to "Easy rock 97.3" years ago before they became the more current "boom 97.3". About 3 years ago he found vinyl 95.3 and since has listened to it everyday. He used to go out on the patio on summer nights on Saturdays and listen to vinyl, call in and make requests with my mom. It was something they did together to relax from the work week. All I have to say is that theyve changed this radio station to be a dime a dozen. Like I mentioned, us young folk who like the more current music have many stations to listen to. We really dont need another, especailly by sacrificing one like vinyl (formerly, one of a kind). Such a shame. I cant expess how disappointed I am in this. Bad move.

April 10, 2013 @ 1:32 PM

@Corey

H+F are professional ball busters. :)

April 10, 2013 @ 1:46 PM

Justin

I listen to Vinyl 95.3 more than any other FM radio station (though 85% of my listening is on AM).

I was actually standing outside the Vinyl building today (I live in Hamilton temporarily) and saw them covering up the "Vinyl 95.3" sign. Thought to myself "uh oh" and I came home and saw this. The last thing the Golden Horseshoe radio market needs is another Top 40 station. Vinyl played tunes no one else did, they were kind of in between 50's/60's Oldies 1150 and the 80's/90's Boom 97.3, and they will be missed.

April 10, 2013 @ 1:49 PM

Mark r

The new 95.3 sucks and is off my presets.

April 10, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

Mary

Back to CHFI for me. Very sad to see the oldies gone once again.

April 10, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

lisa

Eileen MUST BE ON THE SHOW! She's amazing and unless she gets a personal call from Richard Branson or something you need to bust your buns to keep her!
Her speed and wit are incomparable and it would kind of suck without her (no offence). And she seems to appeal to men & women as well - my boyfriend adores her!

April 10, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

@lisa

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Eileen, but she sounds great.

Hopefully she sticks around until she gives birth. Then, maybe H+F can set up a nursery at their studio.

April 10, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

Sammi

Sorry but all terrestrial radio is awful. Just a repetitive loop of a handful of the same bands over and over again. True radio doesn't really exist anymore.

April 10, 2013 @ 3:13 PM

Speysidephil

YEP, RADIO IS DEAD ALLRIGHT!
Seems like a lot of people still listening.

April 10, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

Lesa

Crap...hope they keep Colleen and Darrin in the morning....don't like the new format - like everyone else. Durham has 107.7 which is like Vinyl if anyone is interest.

April 10, 2013 @ 4:03 PM

@Lesa

The morning show is safe.

April 10, 2013 @ 4:07 PM

Garnet

Darren and Colleen are staying, with Emily in Mid Days, Kelly on afternoons and Mike Alfano in the evenings..it's a stellar line-up, a fun format, and I hope you'll all give it a listen!

April 10, 2013 @ 4:29 PM

Anon&on

Kelly was definitely bringing some attitude to the H&F show the last few weeks. I like(d) both versions.

April 10, 2013 @ 5:31 PM

IMHO

Humble and Fred don't need Kelly. Good luck to her, but she's not the show. The new girl will fill her shoes.

Fresh FM doesn't sound very fresh. It sounds like Kiss or Virgin or Z103 or CHUM FM.

April 10, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

Not Deepak

H+F come one step closer to total meltdown.

But they can always come here to bully people into thinking otherwise..

April 10, 2013 @ 6:58 PM

CQ

Are any of the radio stations playing new pop rock music from the likes of David Bowie, Glass Tiger, Platinum Blonde, Men Without Hats, Grapes of Wrath, Johnny Marr, The Beach Boys, or The Rolling Stones? I did at least hear a new song of Bon Jovi's... on 98.1 CHFI while spinning across the frequency dial.

All have all releases within approx. this past year. The Spoons, and The Cars were active just the year before, too.
I caught a segment of the Ryan Seascrest American Top 40 countdown. Gotye's big breakthough hit of early 2012 was still listed as num. 30. Fresh, indeed.

April 10, 2013 @ 6:59 PM

Corey

@IMHO -

In Your "Humble" Opinion?

April 10, 2013 @ 7:00 PM

IMHO

@Not Deepak

Do you think H+F are melting down over the absence of Kelly Cutrara?

April 10, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Not Deepak

No, melting down over being on the furthest fringes of the biz they're obsessed with.

But most of the podcast listeners like hearing the train wreck. Fun for all! (Or about 30 people.)

April 10, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

IMHO

Aren't they on 1010 and other Astral stations?

Is that the fringe?

April 10, 2013 @ 7:15 PM

Not Deepak

Replacing canned comedy bits for two hours? Yes, sorry.

Also, if you were Kelly hearing them undermine the job you spent 3 years knocking on doors trying to get, what would you say? I'm sure it would be: "Fuck those guys."

At least said to yourself.

April 10, 2013 @ 7:19 PM

IMHO

Astral pays H+F, no?

April 10, 2013 @ 7:23 PM

Not Deepak

Who cares? You don't succeed in their current level of exposure by being a dick.

Bye!

April 10, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

Not Not Dean

Astral ain't paying H+F shit. Trust me.

The whole pathetic operation is funded by the criminal Steve Martel who wants one hand in your pocket at all times for a nominal fee.

April 10, 2013 @ 7:31 PM

ABC

I agree that Kelly was a bit "off" on H+F these past few weeks. She really adds nothing to the show and I can't figure out why they kept her.
Their constant put downs of each other wasn't funny anymore.
Thank god she's put her podcast on hold.

April 10, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

Justin

I still like Kelly better than the new girl. Eileen's voice is very annoying, and I've listen to the podcast less since she's been there.

April 10, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

Sammy

I agree with Justin. Eileen's voice is annoying.

Kelly will be missed.

April 10, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

Debbie

I disagree Justin and Sammy...Eileen is the reason I listen to the program! She is quick on her feet and most amusing! A definate asset to any show!

April 10, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

Jacob

@Sammi Yup, I only listen to radio in the car these days. Hearing the same 40 songs on repeat day after day makes me ill.

April 11, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

Not IMHO

A great example of just how pathologically insecure these guys are. When Kelly called in to announce her good news, anyone else would have received her announcement with grace, and well wishes. Most would have the courtesy to employ some diplomacy; at least like, "Well Kelly, you know how we feel about terrestrial radio, but if anyone is going to be successful in that format, it's you. They made a great choice, and they're lucky to have you." Not these two. After some generic accolades, they launched right in to attacking the format change and how it was doomed to fail, while she was on the phone! That must have made her feel great. Howard must of made her feel extra important by badgering her to put Colleen Rusholme on the phone, rather than continue to waste time talking to small-time Kelly.
It's obvious now that their constant bullying to get Kelly to concentrate on producing a podcast was only an attempt to validate their own chosen direction. "Oh, look, everyone's given up on terrestrial radio! Kelly even has a podcast, aren't we smart?" Just think, if she followed that advice, she'd be cranking out another podcast no one will hear instead of getting a full-time paying gig. Who wants to bet Cutrara has a job with Corus long after the H+F podcast is dead and buried?

April 11, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Douglas

I'm sure I'll never listen to Fresh, either, and I don't need to be anywhere near Hamilton to hear it. 95.3 has one of the best signals for coverage in all of Ontario. It is a shame (perhaps disgusting) that Corus cannot seem to accomplish anything ratings-wise with anything that they have tried on 95.3. Does anyone want to start a pool to see how long this format lasts?

April 11, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

Matt

Ugh. Another station playing this shit? Thankfully I have satellite radio in my car.

April 11, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

Shelley

I don't know why you changed something that was really working for you. Now I have to find another oldies station. Goodbye Vinyl - it was nice having you while we did.

April 11, 2013 @ 3:21 PM

cmkn

Good bye Vinyl - you did it right. My radio will be silent now.

April 11, 2013 @ 3:53 PM

Cathy

We have played Vinyl 95.3 at our wine store for in Grimsby for a long time now. Everyone loved it. Customers would sing along to the tunes and comment on how much they enjoyed it! Seriously, another top 40! Time to move on!

April 11, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

Unsatisfied Man

This is stupid. Another too 40 station? I want my Vinyl music. So disappointed

April 11, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

Ken Rojas

I like the new format on 953 fresh fm. I think it's time to move on. Vinyl or another station will soon come back since that format did well. Yes, they're all simular. But I'm sure that fresh fm will will do well. It's about time we moved on music wize

April 11, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Cheryl

Radio sucks. I listen to my MP3 collection all jumbled up, shuffled. That's better than listening to radio.

April 11, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I liked 95.3 when it was a country station, great signal and even Joe Walsh (Rocky mountain way, and the Eagles) admitted on Howard Stern some time ago that Jason Aldean, Luke Bryant etc. are the new cutting edge sort of old school rockers with their guitar playing and no Auto Tune.

I will be the first to admit I am a H&F 100% brown noser, but thought they could have handled Kelly's announcement with a little more humility, ranting about terrestrial's days being over could have been saved for another day. Kelly has a great voice/delivery and deserves all that she has achieved here. All the best to her.
As for the podcast, I like what both Kelly and Eileen brought to the show, both have their own individual style, and I will miss Kelly's contribution.

April 11, 2013 @ 9:58 PM

N.D.

Why are they ranting about terrestrial radio being over yet use it as their credibility chip? Makes no sense

April 12, 2013 @ 12:08 AM

Mike

Really, another top 40.....dumb move. Loved the old format, won't listen to the new one......why be one of the many when you can stand out as one of the few with a loyal following.

April 12, 2013 @ 12:30 AM

Gary

It doesn't matter what format they choose....all radio stations are programmed the same way regardless of music. They all use the same template for number of songs and when they are played and repeated to death. There is absolutely no originality or creativity in radio.

April 12, 2013 @ 7:18 AM

Cheryl

I totally agree. Radio sucks. It used to be good, but no matter what kind of music, it's repeated over and over again and no announcers have personality anymore. I want to choose what I want to hear.

April 12, 2013 @ 7:22 AM

Jason from Sudbury

Yes, another station playing top 40 crap just what we needed. Too bad because as pointed out 95.3 has a great signal. I think they should've kept what is now Y108 at 95.3. I lived in Barrie in the late 90's and depending on where I was I could get it.

April 12, 2013 @ 8:23 AM

Douglas

@Jason - I agree with you and was going to write the same thing about Y95, but as I was typing, I remembered that Corus owns both Q107 and Y108 (o.k.a. Y95). Even though Q doesn't play anywhere near as much new music as Y108 (which isn't very much), Corus doesn't want to be competing with themselves. I was actually surprised that the country format did not work out. I can understand Toronto not being a "country" market, even though many very urban northern U.S. markets have country stations, but I guess it did not work out ratings and advertising-wise with that fantastic signal covering a large swath of southern Ontario. I hear ads for Monaghan Lumber in Peterborough on 640. Either that's a package deal with the Corus stations in Peterborough, or both 640 and Monaghan Lumber know their markets well.

April 12, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Jason from Sudbury

I liked Q107 when they played both new and classic rock.
The only decent station in the area now is HTZ FM. It's always been one of my favorits but I find they've gone down hill a bit over the past few years, probably since being bought by Astral I guess.

April 12, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

Anonymous

@N.D.

Bingo!

Fred particularly talks out both sides of his mouth.

On the one hand terrestrial radio is dead - who needs it?

On he other hand, 1010 is amazing with amazing hosts and H+F are honoured to be a part of the Astral empire.

Pick a side, boys. You look and sound ridiculous.

April 12, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

Frankie

Really, another top 40 station, now what will I listen to!! Here I come Q107.

April 12, 2013 @ 10:01 AM

Not IMHO

@N.D.
Why would you expect sense from these bozos? They constantly opine on the how radio stations should be run as if they're experts, somehow ignoring the fact that they couldn't make it in radio, as on-air personalities, or in Fred's case, management. Listen, if they had been offered a guaranteed contract to be the afternoon drive show in Hamilton they would have dropped that anti-music stance, leapt into each others arms and pissed their pants for joy. After all, they jumped on the Kingston opportunity like a fat kid on a Smartie with nary a peep about the music they had to play. Of course, once they were given the boot, they pretend they didnt want it anyway, and launched right back to anti-terrestrial diatribes.
They wanted to drag Cutrara down into the podcast quagmire they find themselves in, and are seething with jealousy now, so they have to belittle her opportunity.

April 12, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

Joan

I drive students to & from School each day & I would listen to 95.3 each day while the students listened to their I-Pods,now You have have taken away my enjoyment WELL YOU HAVE LOST ME AS A LISTENER,bring back what the listeners really want.

April 12, 2013 @ 4:41 PM

N.D.

Fascinated by this thread! (The H+F part at least)

H+F have now become like the know it alls who used to complain that CFNY was ruined because it was now looking to make money...and who got the reward from that?

But the complaints came from 27 year olds, not 57.

April 12, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

Gary

I used to really like Humble and Fred. What happened to them? They seem to be a parody of themselves.

April 12, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Corey

@Gary

A parody of a parody? Humble and Fred are better than ever.

April 12, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I think with H&f, it is just what the industry is now. Radio stations flip formats constantly, show hosts the door, chase the next new shiny object. It was happening in the 60's and 70's also with Jungle Jay Nelson, Scruff Connors, Jessie and Gene, and Howard Stern. Not much has changed in that time frame.
Glad i never went into radio, my self esteem would have been crushed along time ago.

April 12, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

Jodi palmer

You guys are nuts. Change it not always good. I could barely stand Darren. I like the afternoon shift. Good-by 95.3 hello 97.3

April 13, 2013 @ 12:27 PM

julie

Oh yay:( Another top 40 station like dozens of others. Have they never heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? I won't be listening to 95.3 anymore.

April 13, 2013 @ 8:51 PM

Bill

Who made the decision to change formats? Obviously, they do not understand the power of the baby boomers. Every radio in our house and in our cars was turned to Vinyl 95.3 because of the music, not the personalities. They were fine, but we grew up with the Eagles, Boston, the Stones, Beatles, etc. and truly enjoyed your radio station.
Like many others I see, we have changed stations and commitments as of Wednesday. Listening to one of your other stations 103.9 from Woodstock now. Please do not screw that up too!!
Your spokesperson obviously does not understand a target audience. The new venue of music is horrible, and does not appeal to the older radio listener who has the bulk of the discretionary income to purchase products from your advertisers.
The younger crowd does not even listen to the radio.
Dumb decision.

April 14, 2013 @ 12:15 AM

I'm Idaho

What an awesome opportunity to shift some of that out of market tuning back into Hamilton while cutting some of K-Lite FM's grass at the same time.

The post above mine by "Bill" is absolutely hilarious. Your "everything old is good, everything new is bad" attitude makes me lol.

Doesn't appeal to the old radio listener with the bulk of discretionary income? Talk to the mothers who are listening to Katy Perry and Bruno Mars with their kids making a TON of purchasing decisions, see what they have to say...

April 14, 2013 @ 12:43 AM

Alex

Although I grew in my teens with the Alternative 90s I eventually grew to appreciate the music from the past. This was one of my faves, they played more variety of old music moreso than 97.3 another favourite. Listening to it on Saturday Nights whenever I had a chance was really nice. I was stunned Wednesday when they changed it, really dissapointed. Like there wasnt enough Top 40 stations. They are off the presets. Gotta look for another similar, but theyll never be the original

April 14, 2013 @ 9:21 AM

Anonymous

WTF HAVE YOU GONE AND DONE THIS FORMAT SUCKS WOKE UP TO SOME CRAP MUSIC I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU GO BACK TO THE FORMAT ON VINYL 95.3 THERE ARE ALREADY ENOUGH TOP 40 JUNK ON THE RADIO GOOD LUCK WITH THIS I WILL NOT BE LISTENING TO THIS STATION AGAIN

April 14, 2013 @ 12:17 PM

DJB

Kinda like the 1050CHUM fiasco all over again. Here in Ajax we have 107.7 and 104.1 still......

April 14, 2013 @ 3:39 PM

Anonymous

Listened to this station for quite sometime. It's off the pre-set now. Very disappointed they changed the format.

April 14, 2013 @ 6:06 PM

Martin

Thanks a lot corus radio for taking a great station and ruining it. Vinyl was #1 on my pre-sets but not anymore.

I look forward to the day when Fresh FM becomes STALE FM.

On a positive note, HELLO 9.17 GIANT FM from NIAGARA.

April 15, 2013 @ 9:31 AM

Elizabeth

I took Vinyl off my preset as of Wednesday because 'Fresh' isn't to my liking. Listened to Darrin, Colleen and Producer Mike this morning hoping,longer for the old show before Corus screwed with it. No luck. So, much like Bruce said about 'radio nowhere', or '57 channels and there's nothing on', 'Fresh' will not be found on my radio at home and like someone previous said, I've got Sirius. Emily said they weren't getting the audience, or numbers they needed to keep going, so I wonder how it feels to have lost their loyal listeners and probably are down to 1/5th of what they had before they screwed with the format! 95.3...going, going, GONE!

April 15, 2013 @ 9:45 AM

Ray

The new format sucks. May as well listen to Virgin for garbage music. Back to Internet streaming.

April 15, 2013 @ 5:46 PM

Jan

Loved the 70's and 80's...what station do we tune into now! Too bad 95.3 you lost another listener!

April 15, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

Helen Snow

I am in 35, and I used to love listening to 95.3, But the new format SUCKS it really does, what a STUPID decision to change the format, now you are competing with all the other stations that do the top 40 really well. Even my kids used to listen to the old 95.3, but now they are back to hip stations. What about the responsibility to your listener base, I guess that does not matter when you get a bunch of investors who think the listener base will remain the same. Well like tens of thousands upon tens of thousands of of Vinyl 95.3 listeners I have removed you from my radio pre-set in the car.

April 16, 2013 @ 8:31 AM

LYNN

Sorry but have to agree -- ANOTHER top 40 channel -- REALLY.... I will definitely NOT be listening to this as well - will find another station to add to my preset choices----This is a really bad decision from all involved. Sorry to see Vinyl 953 gone - hopefully something will come back from another group other than CORUS entertainment.

April 19, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

Jason

Agree with Martin - Giant 91.7 FM in Niagara has a great mix of classic rock - I recently stumbled on the station in Toronto and heard a an oldie from the Styx I hadn't heard in a while.

April 20, 2013 @ 8:39 AM

Jason

Agree with Martin - Giant 91.7 FM in Niagara has a great mix of classic rock - I recently stumbled on the station in Toronto and heard an oldie from the Styx I hadn't heard in a while.

April 20, 2013 @ 8:39 AM

Katharine

I did love Vinyl because it was different but that said...this new FRESH station is pretty awesome. Yes it plays "Top 40" hits...but then throws ya back to some older songs...Train...Bon Jovi. The Happy hour is pretty cool too...Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys...it's a nice break. Great to have in the office...and very family friendly when the kids are around. Not sure WHY the changed happened but definitely liking it. Glad the Morning Show stayed!

April 20, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

Randy

While Vinyl was not my personal fav, my GF did listen to it a lot.

It's now off the preset.

April 20, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

Karyn

WTF happend to vinyl I found that station on the corus radio app and loved that it was playing music good music that no one else was playing. I'm from london and I have lots of top 40 hit stations to chose from guess I won't be listening to this station again. WOW really sucks guess I'm one more listener over to virgin for top 40 hits station.

April 22, 2013 @ 3:19 PM

bill

was nice listening but now have to move on...........very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2013 @ 6:26 PM

Jay

I hope the "genius" at Chorus who changed a winning format to being "fresh & fun" gets justly rewarded as did the DJ's who were let go. I enjoyed listening to Colleen, Darrin & producer Mike but I can't stand the music so I'm out of here.

April 22, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

Mary

Absolutely hate the new format. 95.3 is now off preset for me. Will stay with Q107 or 91.7 Giant FM

April 23, 2013 @ 3:21 PM

Steve

Like the area needs another top 40 radio station. Vinyl FM was one of the only oldies stations that could be received a fair distance such as Kitchener to the other side of GTA and nearly to London. What is wrong with these radio managers. The Hawk turned from oldies to top 40 and now Vinyl. Is there no managers out there that can stick to anything. I won't be listening to Fresh FM, its crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 23, 2013 @ 7:07 PM

Yvonne

Really miss the old format. I loved listening to the older music. Lots of new music on other stations out there. I guess I'll have to start listening to 73.7 FM.

April 24, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

Anonymous

It's time to change the presets in my car, and at work. Goodbye Vinyl, hello Boom.

April 24, 2013 @ 1:58 PM

Ted

It's just so sad...... will miss Gord James. Ted

April 24, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Johnny

I want my vinyl back!

April 24, 2013 @ 6:39 PM

marty t

Very sad to see my favorite station change!need a new station

April 25, 2013 @ 12:24 AM

Martin

I have even found myself tuning in to Oldies 1150 CKOC. The Rockin' Ray Michaels Roadshow is great!

April 29, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

Chris

I left 104.5 when they fired Rick Hodge and found 95.3 playing country, which was great.... My new station! Then one day it was no longer country but classics from my day, awesome still will listen everyday which I have, but to have yet ANOTHER top 40 station is just a dumb move! Your hosts were incredible other than that Colleen R, and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I will listen to 95.3 now!!!! Morons

May 6, 2013 @ 11:38 AM

Janice Capuani

Live near Buffalo, been listening to vinyl 95.3 for a couple years-my favorite station! Loved the dj's,and discovered Trooper, Mud, April Wine, Jeff Healy, etc. What a shame it's gone! Just what the world needs, another top 40 station playing the same old, same old.

May 14, 2013 @ 12:46 AM

Jeff White

I'm guessing Corus hasn't heard the news that the population is getting older, and that the median age of Canadians (as of two years ago) is 40.6 years. Fifteen percent of the population is over 65, and that's expected to go up to 25% in the next 20 years.

May 17, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

Alex

Very sad...Vinyl 95.3 was the only station I listened to because of the type of music they played.
I understand that changes occur frequently but, come on guys...leave us at least one station that plays the favourites of our youth.
Every time I change stations to find something I like, I end up back at Vinyl because the rest of the stations are playing crap...sorry "current hits".
I can only hope that the old format returns. I'll be scanning the airwaves once again to find something I like and it won't be 95.3.

May 21, 2013 @ 6:55 PM

Michael

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I gotta say that this is completely out of control. It must be very profitable for them to jump on board with formats like this because focusing exclusively on the high power blowtorch signals, the Greater Toronto Area (taking into account different cities of origin) has 92.5 (once a top 40/CHR station under the "Kiss 92" brand, then a variety hits station under the Jack FM brand, than a Q107 wannabe, then a full fledged mainstream rock station, and finally a return to top 40/CHR in June of 2009), 93.5 (ditched a successful hip hop format for top 40/CHR in late 2012), 95.3, 98.5, 99.9, 103.5, 104.5, and 105.3. I know that top 40/CHR and hot adult contemporary are two different formats, but it's the exact same flavor of music. And of course there are yet more that may be heard in different parts of the GTA. After a while it just becomes extremely boring especially if your someone who doesn't even like the music. I think Corus Entertainment cares more about having a relatively lucrative place to put their "Fresh FM" brand in to generate revenue than they do about ratings.

June 26, 2013 @ 3:48 PM

titus

Wow I really like these stations. I remember when they took off Jack.FM for another top 40 station. Now vinyl. Very disappointing..

September 30, 2013 @ 2:31 PM

william morin

You are all right call it stall 93.5
ckoc oldies & classic hits are still there !
Ray micheals is the greatist dj in hamilton next to sunny & hayles on 102.9