Windows Restaurant Is Gone

Windows Restaurant No MoreI'm not sure how I missed this news, but they've torn down the windows at the Windows restaurant at the diamond formerly known as Skydome. This season, it will be an open porch that all fans can walk through.

Here's a pic I found on Reddit of how it looks today.

windows

This is going to take a little time to get used to, but I think it's a nice change. I had never visited Windows restaurant. Did you?

dale

Only once & never again. The seating only at the window was good for watching & the food was very expensive & hurried all patrons in & out to get as many people in during a game.

March 6, 2013 @ 5:59 PM

Cheryl

I don't think I've been there. I don't know what food they actually had. Well, I don't like baseball anyway so I don't know why I would go there.

March 6, 2013 @ 6:06 PM

felix

Not for a Jays game, but we were there to watch a Supercross event in '93. But, as I recall, I spent the majority of my time away from the table and next to a TV monitor until this happened:

March 6, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

Teena in Toronto

I've been to Windows ... it wasn't great. I look forward to seeing the new configuration.

March 6, 2013 @ 11:33 PM

Blind Dave

A couple of times back when it first opened, but just for drinks. A buddy of mine was a bartender there for awhile.

March 7, 2013 @ 8:19 AM

Lorne

Never went. Wasn't sure why someone would want to sit in effectively the worst seats possible (upper level outfield) to overpay for mediocre sit-down food. The majority of people who went to a game would have better seats, could eat at their leisure (if they hadn't had lunch/dinner already) for a cheaper price.

Now especially that the Dome has a huge variety of food beyond hot dogs, any particular niche the restaurant would have filled is gone. It makes sense to put the space to better use.

March 7, 2013 @ 8:35 AM

Dave Williams

Great place to catch a game, Ben Vidal likely could not afford to eat there though. It will be missed.

March 7, 2013 @ 9:31 AM