This Systematic Elimination of Maple Leaf Mikes Has to Stop

Leafs Systematic Mike EliminationGuys, I'm worried about what's happening this month with my Leafs.

First, Mike Brown was shipped to Edmonton for a fourth-round pick in the 2014 draft.

mikebrown

And yesterday, Mike Komisarek was waived by the Maple Leafs. When he clears, he'll be sent down to the Marlies.

mikekomisarek

Now that I think of it, hasn't Michael Kostka been a healthy scratch lately? And wasn't Mikhail Grabovski left on the bench during that lengthy shootout with the Jets?

This systematic elimination of Maple Leaf Mikes has to stop.

Speysidephil

The Leafs are a weaker team without Mike Brown.
Didn't the slide start when he was traded?
They just don't seem as tough without Brown.

March 21, 2013 @ 9:26 AM

Blind Dave

Strictly coincidence, I think.

The yearly tailspin has begun.

March 21, 2013 @ 2:15 PM

Big win last night!

And this is no coincidence... there were 4 Mikes, now there are 2 and one is a healthy scratch and the other is in the coach's doghouse.

The Leafs are eliminating Mikes and that's wrong.

March 21, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

Cheryl

Who actually cares. Cheer for a good team. My Habs play in an hour. That's great. Go Habs.

March 21, 2013 @ 5:47 PM

Speysidephil

Lupol suspended 2 games??
A little excessive given his past behaviour. As in he's a nice guy, never been in trouble before and doesn't play dirty.
They really don't want the leafs to win, it's a conspiracy.

March 21, 2013 @ 6:32 PM

Blind Dave

@Speysidephil

I'll bet Kerry Fraser is behind it all too!

March 21, 2013 @ 8:35 PM

Speysidephil

Hahahahahah, good one blind Dave,
I agree!!
Kerri Fraser, a good one.

March 21, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

felix

Can we eliminate the shootout already? Ugh, what a ridiculous way to decide a game.

March 21, 2013 @ 10:57 PM

Speysidephil

@Felix
Couldn't agree more, a shoot out doesn't mean anything with regards to how the game was played.
As far as I am concerned a tie is better than losing a point to a shoot out.
Never could understand that in soccer.
@Mike: any comments on that?

March 21, 2013 @ 11:12 PM

Mississauga Phil

@ Felix & Speysidephil - I heard Don Cherry say that deciding a hockey game by shootout is like deciding a football game by hanging a tire in the middle of the field and throwing balls through it.

I'd have rather seen Toronto and Buffalo both get a point last night (and...yes...I'd feel the same way if we won the shootout.)

March 22, 2013 @ 7:25 AM

Pigeon Pal

Instead of shoot out they just stick with 4 on 4 after 5 minutes and if still tied then take off a player from each team after every minute until someone scores.

March 23, 2013 @ 7:34 AM

Anonymous

I don't like that the regular season has the shootout, but playoffs are decided by overtime. Keep it consistent. (For the record, I prefer eliminating the shootout. I have no problem with some games ending in a tie, as it used to be.)

March 23, 2013 @ 2:41 PM