Drake Started From the Bottom

Drake Started From the BottomI'm sharing Drake's new video because it includes a lot of Toronto.

Feel free to debate which bottom Drake is referring to. Yes, at some point during Aubrey Graham's childhood his mom moved him into a duplex in Forest Hill and he played Jimmy "the wheelchair guy" on Degrassi, but I don't think that's the bottom he started from.

Clearly, Shopper's Drug Mart is the bottom Drake started from.

Anonymous

Drake's not only a Toronto boy, but he's proud of it.

Congrats to Drake for winning the Grammy last night for Best Rap Album.

Whodathunk a Toronto boy would ever win that one?

February 11, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

Jamie

That was the worst thing I had ever seen. Drake = Total Douchebag. He's rich little Aubrey who grew up in Forest Hill. Total fraud.

February 11, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

@Jamie

I don't believe he was rich. This is from Wikipedia:

His parents divorced when he was five years old, and he was raised by his mother in two Toronto neighbourhoods; he lived on Weston Road in the city's west end, until the sixth grade, when he moved to the wealthy Forest Hill. As a youth, he played minor hockey with the Weston Red Wings. Drake has commented on the move to Forest Hill and his mother's struggle, saying that "She wanted the best for her family. She found us a half of a house we could live in. The other people had the top half, we had the bottom half. I lived in the basement, my mom lived on the first floor. It was not big, it was not luxurious. It was what we could afford."
February 11, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

Jacob

@Jamie: By that standard, I was a rich kid from Oakville. LOL.

Sure, my friends had parents that bought them fancy cars, but I rode a creaky budget bicycle my whole life there.

February 11, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

4x4 Time

Not my cup of tea, but good on the dude for raising to the top of the Rap world..Wish I had a Grammy..

February 11, 2013 @ 3:52 PM

Mike from Lowville

....and on that post(Gemini) Mike, not one comment by Argue!!

February 12, 2013 @ 6:40 AM

L'il Wayne

Drake is an egotistical overbearing pompous asshole. The theme of each of this songs is about how much money he has and how tough life is. He has nothing on Biggie or Tupac or even K'Naan for that matter.

February 12, 2013 @ 9:42 AM

WDR - HAmilton

The video was actually shot in a Shopper's Drug Mart in Binbrook, a part of Hamilton. My son and some friends watched outside while they filmed inside. The crew was fantastic and friendly my son said. They never got to speak to Drake or the extras on set. (But he never expected to either.)

February 13, 2013 @ 8:33 AM