Django Unchained Is Awesome

Django Unchained Is AwesomeI hadn't been the movies in a while, but yesterday I caught a matinee of Django Unchained. It was awesome.

django

For my money, there's no better director than Quentin Tarantino. He's been consistently great and Django Unchained ranks right up there with his best. I normally like my movies to click in just over 90 minutes, but at 2:45, Django Unchained never felt long. Rumour has it there is a 5 hour director's cut. I'd like to see that.

More Tarantino love:

Matt

One of the best movies I've ever seen!

Some pretty funny moments to, I really liked the arguments about "eyeholes"

I read about DiCaprio hating Calvin Candie and Jamie Foxx and Sameul L Jackson urging him to immerse himself in the character. Really great acting all around.

Mike what do you think about Spike Lee refusing to see it because of frequent N-Word use?

January 14, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

@Matt

I think Spike Lee should have seen the movie before making that comment.

Django Unchained takes place in the south in 1858. The n-word has to be understood in the context and time it's being used. I didn't find it offensive.

Oh... and it's nice to see DiCaprio and Sam Jackson playing bad guys. Great job by both.

But damn is that Christoph Waltz good. He should appear in every Tarantino movie.

And I laughed out loud during that "eyeholes" segment. I rarely laugh out loud in a theatre, but I couldn't help myself.

January 14, 2013 @ 11:28 AM

Matt

I agree 100% about Waltz. He was great in Inglorious Bastards as well.

Where did you hear about the 5 hour directors cut? I'd love to get my hands on that.

January 14, 2013 @ 11:40 AM

Argie

Like all Tarantino films, I'm sure it violent, funny and entertaining but since Samuel Jackson is in it, I'm in no rush to see it. Hopefully his part is small.

Waltz and Diane Kruger made IB great.

January 14, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

@Argie

You'll barely recognize him... he's good in DU.

And Waltz and Foxx are definitely the stars.

See it and you won't be disappointed.

January 14, 2013 @ 12:01 PM

Jamie

Don't waste your time on Zero Dark Thirty. It's so long and Boooorrrrrrrrrrriiinggggggg!

January 14, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

Matt

@Argie Both Samuel L. Jackson adn DiCaprio don't appear until about mid way through. Both play their roles superbly, I highly recommend checking it out.

January 14, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

@Jamie

I liked Zero Dark Thirty.

I also liked Flight with Denzel Washington.

But Django Unchained beats them both.

January 14, 2013 @ 12:36 PM

elvis

I laughed out loud in the theatre during Four Christmases.

January 14, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

@elvis

Calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean...

For you other sensible people, here's Tarantino "shutting your butt down".

January 14, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

Wayner

There are so many reasons why I will be seeing this movie:

• Tarantino is overrated
• I don't like movies about slavery (even if it's just used as the back drop)
• I don’t like Jamie Foxx
• I don't like the use of the “n-word” (in any media) even if it is what they did back then...
• And I just don’t see why Leonardo De Caprio is so famous....

January 14, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Rob

I am imagine Argie walks around with a sour look on his face and a rain cloud over his head.

January 16, 2013 @ 8:31 AM