Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 6: On the Verge

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 6Here's the 6th episode of my podcast, Toronto Mike'd. In this episode, I go off on the NHL, The Newsroom and read a love letter to Humble and Fred. This episode is exactly 28:51.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

As always, I'm eager to read your feedback, good or bad. Please let me know in the comments what you thought and any topic ideas you have.

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Blind Dave

Very good show, thank you.

I'll forgive you for the rap outtro (this time...) :)

October 11, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Argie

Mike,

A couple of points: The previous lockout was 8 years ago, not 7.
My name is pronounced as Ar-jee (the 'g' is soft)
That's all for now.

October 11, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

@Argie

I've always thought it was Ar-GEE like Argos. But now that I think of it, Ar-JEE makes more sense.

Like I said before, anytime you want to make the trek to Etobicoke, you'd be a welcome guest. We don't always agree, but you don't have me fearing for my safety like a certain other commenter.

@Bind Dave

Thanks!

October 11, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

brad

can i be a guest?

October 11, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

Lorne

Good couple of shows. I didn't notice any interruption or talking over. All points raised were discussed to a satisfying length. The topics were interesting.

When the podcast intersected with the blog, the existing info was discussed briefly as a recap/here's what we'll talk about, and then both your co-hosts (and you) were able to bring fresh viewpoints to it. So no problems there, that's perfect!

It was odd that two podcasts were posted one day right after the other. It might almost be better to only post one per week, to give people a chance to listen/digest, etc. I mean, I just listened to it, but #5 still feels like "the old one", and I probably won't even go to its comment sections. I listened one after the other, so it just feels like an extended #6.

Minor gripy feedback:
1) could you name the mp3 downloads with the podcast name and episode number, as well as the date? ie: "TorontoMike - E006 - october-12-2012.mp3". Makes it easier to not get mixed up with other files, and gives a natural file-system sort order.

2) liner notes in the blog post. Just off the top of my head, you mentioned Rosie's site, another blog, an entry on your own blog, the Martin Streek tribute mp3 entry you have. It'd be great for reference, and I suspect wouldn't hurt the pagerank of anyone you end up linking to.

October 11, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Lorne

Oh, and positive: the by-line in the blog entry " In this episode..." is great. Attention grabber, spoiler free. Like!

October 11, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

@Lorne

Awesome feedback, as usual.

I've been thinking about when to post the videos. I usually record two episodes every Tuesday evening. Ideally, I'll start posting episodes on Wednesdays and Mondays. Sorry about the back-to-back this week...

I can rename my files... no problem there.

And you're absolutely right... when I mention a site, I should link it in the entry. I'll start doing that.

October 11, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

CQ

@ Toronto Mike 10:12
Hold the phone. Here's a reply regarding the pronouncing of one commenter's name and then you you state, "you don't have me fearing for my safety like a certain other commenter".
Is that supposed to be me, by chance? I live directly here in West Toronto, and I often post (valid) disagreements of opinion. And I use an online handle other than a simple to pronounce Bob or John.

October 11, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

@CQ

It's definitely not you. I don't fear you one bit.

October 11, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

CQ

"don't fear you one bit"? That's not very much better, then.

October 11, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

@CQ

Trust me, that's a good thing. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

I disagree with you and Argie all the time, but I know you're both reasonable people with differing opinions and it's all done respectfully. No fear.

October 11, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

Irvine

Awww sweetie do I scare u that much?

October 11, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

@Irvine

It's not your comments that have me at DEFCON 3, it was the emails to Fred and I in 2009.

October 11, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Argie

Mike,

No need to fear Irv, he's not out for another 10-15.

October 11, 2012 @ 4:06 PM

Irvine

Tit for tat right. Like that wasnt u mailing me last week with 'secret information' about you. U make a lousy chick slickster. U really think im that retarded to fall for that?

By chance u arent affliated with certain SOWNY types are ya?

BTW Mike seeing Im SO nasty and horrible how come you dont block my IP and username from this blog? Could it be that you LIKE my presence here

Why I recall an email from someone who wrote me hoping Id return to their blog to "stir it up"

October 11, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

@Irvine

I promise you, I didn't email you anything.

I've also never posted on SOWNY, although I have visited.

And I don't block your IP and Username b/c you dance on the line but don't cross it. You're welcome to post your point of view here, just like everybody else. Or not. That's completely up to you.

I certainly wouldn't write you hoping you'd return to "stir it up".

October 11, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

Irvine

Well Mike then someone has it out for you but U just made me think about this.

U see there are several douchebags on SOWNY take great issue with me. Why one of them made made a subtle mention of me just last week.

And I am quite sure they were affiliated with a anti HF blog years ago. Dumble and something or the other. The blog was a coordinated attack on the two when they were on the radio. THIS makes me wonder if their is any relation to "Not Dean" character on here. Same type of anonymous attack.

I have received email from you but it was sent through a remailer. I did an OS fingerprint on it. Vista.

Guess ur association with HF makes u a target slick. Don't kid ur self about SOWNY. The moderator favoured some ppl for a long time. He left accts open which we're shared by certain folks who were his friends. Ebbs closed them recently and the bullshit stopped.

October 11, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

Pigeon Toed Dave

Are you podcasting from the 5 hour energy studio in the hub of Etobicoke.

October 12, 2012 @ 6:11 AM