Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 5: Opiated

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 5Here's the 5th episode of my podcast, Toronto Mike'd. In this episode, we reminisce about Martin Streek and the older days of CFNY. This episode is exactly 26:40.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

As always, I'm eager to read your feedback, good or bad. Please let me know in the comments what you thought and any topic ideas you have.

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Declan

I miss CFNY...

October 10, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Lyle Lanley

Another good podcast, Mike.

I wish you'd do one a day.

October 10, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

519 Rob

Maybe its just me, but you (Mike) were harder to hear than the rest.
Other than that, loved the content, as usual.

October 10, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

@519 Rob

Good feedback... I sounded quieter in my headphones than usual. Maybe I really need to kiss that mic!

October 10, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

519 Rob

Yeah Mike, it was odd.
Maybe I am the only one noticing it.

But truly, other than that, I really did enjoy it.

Brought a few laughs to an otherwise lousy day at work.

October 10, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

@519 Rob

That's all I need to keep going. I'll renew for another 6 episodes just to make your work day better. No joke...

October 10, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Gary

Liked the previous episodes but found this one boring. As someone born post 1990, I found the Toronto media nostalgia trip pretty boring.
But then again who cares about my opinion...

October 10, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

@Gary

It's true, once I started down that path with Mobile Mike, I realized I'd lose all of those born post 1990 as well as most of the out-of-towners.

I can't believe I have a listener born post 1990! That's quite the compliment!

October 10, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

Oh, if you're looking for Dean's Substitute, referenced in this episode, it's here: http://www.torontomike.com/2003/12/deans_substitute.html

October 10, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Gary

@Toronto Mike

Your welcome for the unintended compliment! This is one of the reasons I like your blog and now your show! Always willing to respond and clear up things.

October 10, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

Matt

@Toronto Mike

I'm in the same boat as Gary. I was born in 89.

It does surprise me that you seem surprised you have some listeners in the late teens/early 20's.

I've been reading for awhile, although I've only recently began commenting.

Matt

October 10, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

@Matt

For the longest time it seemed like readers of this blog were primarily Toronto guys born in the 70s.

I always figured that was because I wrote about Wendel Clark and buying GNR's Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 on opening day and the '92 Jays. If you were born in the 70s, this is stuff you passionately care about.

Don't get me wrong, I love to hear that people in their late teens and early 20s are tuning in, I'm just surprised. You'll notice a lack of Gangnam Style and Kim Kardashian in these parts...

October 10, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Not to suggest that young folks are only interested in Gangnam Style and Kim Kardashian. Just that they're more likely to be interested in Gangnam Style and Kim Kardashian.

I'll shut up now, before I lose my two readers under the age of 25.

October 10, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Irvine

Gangnam Style is most interesting and innovative than most of what Edge 102.1 plays. And it has no meaning.

October 10, 2012 @ 7:29 PM

Irvine

Sorry has MORE meaning

October 10, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Irvine

Sorry has MORE meaning

October 10, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Matt

>>You'll notice a lack of Gangnam Style and Kim Kardashian in these parts...

HAHA That's part of the appeal! Also the lack of Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo etc.

I love rock. I have everything from classic rock to metal on my ipod.

I'm also a huge sports fan. Your posts allow me to vicariously experience, the glory days of the Toronto sports scene. I still get goosebumps watching world series clips on youtube.
I have an autographed Joe Carter picture of his walk off home run.

Like many others here I enjoy the varying opinions in open Mike.

Those are few of the reasons I keep coming back for more.

Matt

October 10, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

@Matt

Fun fact: I only know Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo from SNL.

October 10, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

519 Rob

Mike, do your self a favour and watch ONE (only one for the love of god) episode of Honey Boo Boo.
I find it horribly sad, and beyond hilarious all at the same time. How they are raising that poor little girl is truly devastating.
Watching that show is much like a car wreck in slow motion.

October 11, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

@519 Rob

I caught 2 minutes of Toddlers and Tiaras one night a few years ago and vowed never again. It's just too sad, and it feels like watching them is feeding the beast.

October 11, 2012 @ 9:23 AM