Canadian Provinces That Claim Feist As Their Own

Canadian Cities Who Claim Feist As Their OwnFeist won the $30,000 Polaris Music Prize last night for her fourth album Metals. Many Canadian provinces claim Feist as their own.

• Feist was born in Amherst, Nova Scotia
  • Shortly after she was born, Feist moved to Regina, Saskatchewan
  • As a child, she then moved to Calgary, Alberta
  • In 1996, Feist moved to Toronto, Ontario

That's four different provinces that can claim Feist as their own.

Blind Dave

Never heard of her, so is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I can claim two out of the four provinces as mine.

September 25, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

@Blind Dave

Feist is great... surprised you've never heard of her. She's been pretty big for 8 years now.

September 25, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

Argie

Quebec can have her. The govt should throw her in as part of their annual equalization payment.

September 25, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

Blind Dave

@Toronto Mike

Thanks for the links. The videos have been removed, but I'll try to do some listening tonight on you tube. I had a look at her wiki bio, and I am indeed surprised I haven't heard of her.

I'll get back to you when I've had a listen. Hey, you hit paydirt with Beautiful South and the Housemarlins, so fingers crossed...

September 25, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

@Blind Dave

I'm confident you'll dig her. Spin Let It Die a couple of times and you'll be hooked.

September 25, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

CQ

I'm not a Feist fan. 1234 was a good novelty song in 2007, co-written by an Australian, and that's about it.
Last week (already, I know) I posted my top 150 songs / 150 artists of 2012. Per the song I evaluated - she still didn't make that oversized list. Grimes, another critics' choice Polaris nominee fell behind over 20 other known Canadian acts to position 127; and for her I considered three songs for the list, more than probably all the others.
Drake should have been coronated as the 2012 winner, and I'm not a rap music fan of his either.

September 26, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

519 Rob

@CQ
Drake, really?
If a rapper was going to win, I'd have taken Cadence Weapon 100 times out of 100.

For what its worth, I predicted a Feist win, but I'd have given it to The Japandroids.

September 26, 2012 @ 12:08 PM