My Favourite Apps Installed on My Android Phone
Yesterday, I wrote about MapMyRide, an app I've been using for tracking my bike rides. While recently troubleshooting an issue I was having with Kies, I returned my phone to its factory default settings. That gave me a clean slate when it came to installed apps, and three weeks later, these are the ones I missed enough to re-install.
- CBC News - I love CBC News, and not just for reading, but for playing on-demand the most recent newscasts
- Shazam - This one comes in handy all the time. If you hear a song and you want to know what you're listening to, Shazam always knows.
- TuneIn Radio - I absolutely love this app that lets me listen to radio stations from around the world. Humble and Fred's podcast is there, too.
- Do it (Tomorrow) - I've tried a few, and this is my "to do list" app of choice. If I need to do something, I add it here.
- Facebook for Android - I'm not a big Facebook guy, but it has its benefits...
- Gmail - Essential.
- Google+ - I suspect I'm one of the few who still checks his Google + stream.
- Google Chrome to Phone - A commenter recently turned me on to this app that sends a link from my computer to phone instantly.
- MapMyRIDE - I explained this one yesterday. I use it for tracking my rides.
- Twitter - I'm still digging Twitter.
- Skype - This one is amazing. Here's something I recently wrote about Skype.
- ScoreMobile - You need a good app for sports scores, news and stats, and I've tried a bunch. This is my favourite.
- Zedge - This is a fun little app for ringtones and notification sounds.
- reddit is fun - If you enjoy Reddit, this is the best Android app I could find.
Google Play keeps a record of every app I've installed, so I can accurately tell you I only reinstalled about 25%. The others either weren't that good or weren't used enough. Sorry, The Weather Network and Fruit Ninja.
Tell me about your favourite apps (for Android, iPhone or Blackberry) in the comments.
Only 10 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!