Django Unchained Official Movie Trailer

Django UnchainedNo, I haven't seen The Avengers yet, but I am looking forward to Django Unchained this winter.

Is The Avengers worth seeing?

PK

Avengers sucked. This is going to be legen-wait for it-dary

June 11, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

@PK

Someone else told me it's good, but not great. Does it really suck?

I can't remember the last superhero film I saw in theatres. Maybe Spider-Man 2?

June 11, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

Ryan G

On a related note, I saw Prometheus on the weekend and quite liked it. In the grand scheme of things, not as groundbreaking as Alien, but Ridley Scott provides an epic look at the backstory of the Space Jockey from the first film.

It's currently at 74% at Rotten Tomatoes, which means it's "fresh", but the film certainly has its critics.

I think it's one of those films that need some digestion and time to ripen, so so speak. Blade Runner nor Alien had great reviews at first, although this is a bit of a different animal since we're in prequel territory.

June 11, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

elvis

I haven't heard one person who said The Avengers wasn't great, other than PK just now. Even Howard Stern liked it.

June 11, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

@elvis

RT has it at 93%. Sounds like most disagree with PK.

Hey PK, what did you think of Citizen Kane?

June 11, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

elvis

LOL! Hilarious.

June 11, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

The_Voice

The Avengers was awesome. Perfect popcorn flick.

Citizen Kane is what every hip modern film is trying to be.

June 11, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

Rob

Avengers is as others described a perfect pop corn flick.

A easy to follow story, a little bit of each character for all to enjoy, a bit of well written comedy and amazing and creative action that is ACTUALLY CLEAR.

So many movies now (Transformers) where the action so quick you don't see what is going on.

If your looking for a deep dramatic and dark Superhero film... The Avengers is opposite.

June 12, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

Rob

Django looks interesting.

The trailer makes it look like the buddy cop comedy which I usually do not enjoy.

But, I never have not enjoyed a QT film.

June 12, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

Roshan

This looks like fun. I haven't seen Avengers yet but I will eventually get to it. Prometheus - I'm getting mixed reviews of it, which is so disappointing for me as I've been waiting for this one to come out.

June 12, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Mike - The wife and I are going to avengers on friday now that the crowd has died down, I'll let you know...looks damn good though

June 12, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

Corey

I gave my thoughts on The Avengers a while ago, and my opinion remains the same. As a kid who grew up on Marvel comics, the idea of my favourite heroes squaring off against each other was something I couldn't wait to see in print. Now as a 40-something year old, not so much. In The Avengers (hope no one considers this a spoiler) you see the Hulk fight Thor, Thor fight Iron Man, Black Widow fight Hawkeye, then they all fight the baddies for what seems like an hour, and for much of it, I was bored. The movie didn't suck at all, but I feel it needed a good 30 minute trim job to tighten it up. 15 year olds would disagree.

I also saw "Prometheus", which I was also really looking forward to. Visually awesome, though not due to the 3D (By about 1/3 of the way in I stop noticing the 3D effect, and just get annoyed by the dimmer screen and stupid glasses. Why anyone is still excited about this "advance" is a mystery to me). I was drawn in and totally entertained until about an hour after the film ended when I started reviewing the plot in my mind. Some really glaringly stupid, nonsensical bits in there that have now ruined the movie for me.

June 12, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Mississauga Phil

I have to agree with corey on this one...3D movies just bug me...give me a headache after an hour or so too!

June 12, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

PK

Mike,

I found the first hour of Avengers rather boring. I understand character development to an extent but come on. The last 30-60 minutes reminded me of Transformers (also rather boring) That's fine, let them disagree with me. I really don't care. Goes to show you what people will buy into.

June 12, 2012 @ 2:28 PM