Urinal Dividers

Urinal DividersAt my former place of employment, I worked on the 10th floor. The men's bathroom had urinal dividers between the urinals. It felt nice and private when taking a leak beside a colleague.

At some point, I was moved to the 9th floor. It was nicer on the 9th floor, and even the bathroom was more modern and sleek, but there were no urinal dividers. Even if you stared straight ahead, you saw more of your colleagues than you ever wanted to.

I remember my pal Eric telling me it was very European, but on my recent trip to Germany, every public washroom I visited had urinal dividers. It seems they've evolved overseas.

urinal-dividers

What do you think? Is it time we have urinal dividers in every washroom?

Dick Head

There has been MANY,MANY times your blog postings have been just insane.Clearly, you have reached the bottom with this!!
Freddie P has too much influence with you..Sad!

May 3, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

@Dick Head

Well, you used the right name.

You got me... Freddie P's bad influence provoked this highly controversial entry about urinal dividers.

May 3, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

Declan

Lighten up, Dick Head!

Urinal dividers should be mandatory in all washrooms. Well, men's washrooms.

May 3, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

elvis

This is the type of post we need.

You're free to look at my small penis if you wish. No dividers needed here.

May 3, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

Cambo

If not for the privacy issue...dividers should be there to prevent the sideways splash effect...

May 3, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Like @Elvis, I don't care if you want to catch a glance of my wang. Whatever floats your boat.

But @Cambo has a good point re: splashing. You don't want splashing.

Let's make urinal dividers mandatory, just to be on the safe side.

May 3, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

andrew

Urinal Dividers?? Your kidding.
Who cares in a Mens Pee Place?

Go to France where in some establishments there is NO difference between a Mens or Womens washroom. It's communal & no doviders. Of course the women use the toidey & walk out watching males at the urinals. It would be a funny if a female SAT on a urinal & do her business.

Your grasping at straws with entry.

May 3, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

@andrew

It's you're, not your. And I'm rather fond of this entry.

May 3, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Dividers reduce my performance anxiety when I need to go.

May 3, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

Not Andrew

I think Andrew is grasping at straws for humour...and I think he's losing his grip.

Two thumbs up for privacy partitions.

May 3, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Sammy

I agree with Rick C in Oakville.

I pee easier when I know nobody is watching.

May 3, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Jason Patterson

No dividers = where's the stall. Especially in certain public washrooms.

May 4, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

Jamie

As long as they don't use the urinals like in the movie King Pin I'm good.

May 4, 2012 @ 7:40 AM

Rob

I like dividers.

As far as this post in general goes...I like it. Especially after yesterday's broo-ha-ha (umm...spell check on that?) about Ford vs Dale.

Nice to have a laugh, once in a while.

May 4, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

speysidephil

At least we don't have to put up with the disgusting troughs at Maple Leaf Gardens.But yeh give me the dividers.

May 4, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Andrew

If there are no dividers, then you must play by the washroom rules.

For those that need help, play this handy game to make sure you're playing by the rules.

May 4, 2012 @ 9:12 AM

Blind Dave

I'm a private pee-er. Can't even do it when my wife is in the bathroom.

May 4, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

Jason

Dividers are definitely nice but not essential.

Having said that, I can't pee when I'm literally shoulder to shoulder with another guy and you can feel their body heat. That's just too close.

I've been to France and all over Europe and have yet to see a communal washroom. Maybe I just go to nicer places than some of you. What I have seen frequently in men's washrooms is the pee wall/trench. Most nice establishments look exactly like our washrooms though.

May 4, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

Roshan

I would like the divider please. The bigger the better, I am a private person and I hate using urinals because some assholes hum or sing while they pee. Even in public. If I can, I'll use the proper loo with a door that you can close behind you and pee in peace.

May 4, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

I just realized this entry completely alienated female readers.

May 4, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Mike, didn't someone design a female urinal? Maybe ask the females if they would use it if available?

May 4, 2012 @ 7:02 PM