The Car Stereo I Wanted Then, The One I Want Now and The One I Have

car stereoThe graphic below has been floating around. It's totally accurate. Here's the car stereo I wanted 10 years ago and the one I want now.

car-stereo

And here's the car stereo I actually have today. Please suppress your laughter.

2012-05-14 22.08.25.jpg

The CD player hasn't worked since 2006... My kingdom for an Aux-in!

Mike from Lowville

Add a USB port and that's all I would need.

May 15, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

Mississauga Phil

Not gonna laugh cause mine looks pretty similar. I have to use a broadcaster for my Ipod, preset to 90.3......won't work driving through the downtown core!!!!

May 15, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

Blind Dave

I don't have a car stereo because I don't drive a car (really???), but this is a matter of function over form. If you can hear your tunes and enjoy them, that's all that matters!

May 15, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

@Mike from Lowville

That would work. Just give me a USB port and I'm happy.

May 15, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

Oscar

I would love to put an Aux-in in my car... Any idea of how much trouble it would be to do?

May 15, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

The_Voice

I *love* my Aux-In. I never listen to CDs and rarely the radio (radio is still good for traffic)

May 15, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

Douglas

As a Driver who likes to be able to operate a car without being required to take eyes off of the road to adjust volume, change stations, tracks, albums, change the heat/AC settings, the new effectively buttonless screens are absolute shite. By definition they are distracting, probably dangerous given the (lack of) abilities of some people who get behind the wheel. One cannot knock the practically unlimited ability, though, because you can program just about anything for a screen. I suppose somehow I will figure out how to scroll through dozens of artists, albums and thousands of tracks on a flash drive of whatever format when I get my next car. I look forward to whatever my next car is, but I'm not sure about looking forward to its touch screen for operating most of the infotainment systems.

May 15, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

Brian

I used to have a Belkin transmitter for my ipod. It would broadcast to a selected station with no/a very weak signal and your radio would pick it up. Not as useful right in the city, though, too much interfence. Ironically, when I bought my 2006 CRV it came with a CD Player / Cassette player combo. Problem solved with a cassette adapter. Funny how newer radios aren't as good as older...

May 17, 2012 @ 2:48 PM