My New Favourite Gum

Stride Spark Kinetic MintI chew a lot of gum. You may recall my desperate plea 7 years ago for sugarfree bubble gum. I like my gum sugarfree, and I like to blow bubbles. Is that too much to ask?

I recently discovered a new gum that I love. I take down six pieces a day, and I never get tired of it. They sell it in bulk at Costco and it's called Stride Spark Kinetic Mint.

Stride Spark Kinetic Mint

No, they didn't pay for this endorsement, and I've never received a free pack (although I'd accept one), but I'm so damn happy with this gum I just wanted to scream it from mountain tops.

Why I dig Stride Spark Kinetic Mint:

• I can blow bubbles with it
  • It's sugarfree and even has vitamins
  • The flavour has a great minty kick to it and lasts
  • It's the perfect consistency for aggressive sport chewing

If you chew gum, what's your gum of choice?

Jason from Sudbury

Usually Excel Polar Ice.

May 24, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Jaki

Dentyne Fire..
fave gum ever.
I can chew it for 6 hours and it still has flavour.

May 24, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Joe Jackson

Ya, chewing gum is really attractive. Just love it when I'm in a store and being served by a cow chewing his/her cud. Usually the latter.

Was brought up knowing it was bad form to eat in front of others, without offering.

Oh, and the "cracking" and seeing it pop around in an open mouth really is really nice. Especially the former at the cinema.

Have you ever put your hand under the table at a public eating place? DON'T!!!

Have you ever had this crap stuck to your shoes? Have you looked at sidewalks spotted with this crap? Singapore has it RIGHT! Ban the shit!!!!

Not as bad as smoking, but very irritating to moi. "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble...." (Even though my last name isn't Howard.)

P.S. Does anyone remember "THRILLS" gum? Pink and chicklet shaped as I recall, and you could smell it across the class room!!

May 24, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

Alan Gee

Up until a few days ago it was Nicorettes, but now I'm trying to beat that addiction. So now I'm chewing Spry - Spearmint. It has Xylitol instead of sorbitol and aspartame which are supposed to be harmful. Who the hell knows. Anyway this Spry gum is okay. I'd rather be eating Double Bubble, but it has sugar and will rot my teeth. Life's a bitch and it's tough to chew on sometimes.

May 24, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

Jill

Some kid did a Science Fair Project a few years ago at my daughters school and it was on which gum held the flavor the longest and the Stride Brand won out over several other leading brands. It is my favorite as well but I like this flavor below.

May 25, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Pigeon Toed Dave

Stay away from anything with aspertame in it. I learned the hard way and it was screwing up my body. There are 92 health related problems with the stuff. beware

May 25, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

@Pigeon Toed Dave

Regarding aspartame... what are the 92 health related problems with it?

I've been hearing this since the early 80s, but I can never find a good study that proves it.

May 25, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Wikipedia

Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut", but has been the subject of several controversies, hoaxes and health scares.

May 25, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Pigeon Toed Dave

Go to Janet Star Hull website and its all documented there. I was drinking a lot of diet ginger ale and my doctor said it was killing me. I cut it out completly and have been feeling a lot better. I was having black outs and artery hardening from the stuff.

May 26, 2012 @ 7:16 AM

Roshan

Whenever I can get it Wrigley's Orbit. Love the various flavours.

May 28, 2012 @ 1:48 PM