Tim and Sid Are Good Radio

radioWe beat up on radio a lot these days, but it's not all terrible. I've caught a lot of the Tim and Sid show afternoons on Sportsnet 590 The FAN lately, and it's good.

Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro, formerly from The Score, have great chemistry and put on a nice little show. It's sports centric, but it's not only about sports. It's just good conversation.

timandsid

In fact, they remind me of another Toronto duo with good chemistry and interesting chatter...

andrew

Roger, Rick & Marylin?
Pete & Geets?
Derringer & Holliway?
McCowan & Damian Cox?

If H & F - scraping the barrel & bottom of my list.

February 17, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

@andrew

I'm actually relieved we don't have the same list.

February 17, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

elvis

At least credit me for giving you the idea for this post! C'mon!

February 17, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

@elvis

Talk to my lawyers.

February 17, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

JP

I'm enjoying their show too. Very fun.

The Fan has made some good changes in the last year or so IMO.

February 17, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Justin

I've hardly listened to them but from what I gather they're decent, nothing special. Still better than anything the FAN has put in that time slot since Swirsky left.

Brain Hayes rules the airwaves in that time-slot for me. He's awesome, easily my 2nd favourite behind Mccown. The guy's knowledgeable about all sports and makes insightful and intelligent comments about all sports. In comparison other guys are mainly hockey guys (Brady, Richards), football guys (Lang, Hogan), or baseball guys (Mccown, Blair). Most importantly though, Hayes is an entertaining personality to listen to.

February 17, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

CQ

It doesn't matter. A Toronto pair owns all of our teams. The same duo owns our sports media.

February 17, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

Brian

Agreed. Love Tim & Sid. Just wish they were in Mccown's time slot so I could listen more. Time for some new blood.

February 17, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Gary

I actually find them boring and predictable. Nothing special at all. I really liked Eric Smith and Paul Jones in that time slot. Tim and Sid are about as exciting as a loaf of Wonder White Bread.

February 20, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

David

I'm with Gary on this one. They are sooooo boring!

February 21, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Mohamed

I love what Tim and Sid have done over their careers and listening to Tim and sid uncut was one of the best decisions in my lifetime but I just can't get with it when it comes to their new podcast. Maybe because it has no swearing? Maybe it's because their isn't the reoccurring personalities like DJ, Pizzo, Aaron, Nooner, Greg Sansone once in a while, Kushal from Qatar and even Cabbie, Hainser and Cam Stuart. I miss the rippings on employees like Cam, Eric Cohan, Hainser etc... I hate the fact that now 75% of their 3 hour show is based on Toronto sports. Are u kidding me? Even Toronto sports fans have to be sick of it can't they? During the uncut days maybe 5% of their daily podcast was for Toronto sports and it was mostly for Leaf rants and shit like that. I can deal with the no swearing but what I can't deal with is this sportsnet magazine like podcast feel they have in which they ramming down Toronto Sports propaganda down my throat. Guess what? The leafs haven't been relevant since 04 and the Raptors haven't been on national television in the US since Vince Carter was actually trying. Even the most stubborn leaf fans who after ever fuckin leaf win plan the parade rout have to be a bit concerned when you compare this crap that they call a podcast compared to the gold they produced at The Score. Am I a bit pissed? Hell ya! Something I loved is lost and I want it back. Will commenting on this website do much about it? Probably not. I'm not naive into thinking that. Am I rushing to conclusions? Yes but as Tim Micallef once said "You learn more of a person in an hour of play than in a lifetime of conversation" As Vince Carter did with the dunk contest, Tim and Sid Uncut did the same to the podcast genre in Canada. Notice I said Canada and not Toronto like some leaf fans think that the sports world revolves around them? Those idiots. The difference between the two? Vince got injured/kind of fat and stopped giving a damn about basketball. Tim and Sid? While Sid might stray from his diet once in a while, They're still the two gullible fools I grew up with at The Score and somewhere I know they're still there.

March 8, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

CD

I used to that The Fan hit rock bottom with the insufferable Andrew Krystal until these two cretins came along. Ill-informed, absurdly opinionated, crashingly boring, it's astonishing to me that these two have anyone listening. I think when McCown refers to these two as "Dumb and Dumber", he's not being his usual ironic, sardonic self...he's being honest!

August 21, 2013 @ 7:40 AM

G

I've been listening to Tim and Sid for a couple of months, They are okay! Kinda funny.

Does anyone know the meaning of the needle drop that sounds like " Manda Run?" It usually get played after certain comments on / by guests.

January 29, 2014 @ 2:52 PM

Anonymous

If they give us good radio, the business is in a lot of trouble. They talk about nothing and stretch it into a half an hour e.g. a flat tire. Did anyone find that story interesting. It would seem that they don't have enough good talking points and have to fill their air time with nonsense. They are too busy admiring and arguing with one another to give the us worthwhile listening pleasure. Frat boys are more mature!!!

April 15, 2014 @ 1:18 PM

Nick

Hate these guys, its forced comedy and they say predictable jokes. You know the "I'm big and tough and can do whatever I want, if I ask my wife first" jokes . These guys are lame.

July 19, 2015 @ 4:06 PM