Fail

Well Toronto. The last 9 attempts at victory have been pretty much futile.

It’s been a miserable run, and I am beginning to get very very concerned.
Each time I’ve held my breath, hoping for success, only to be disappointed yet again.

How long can this go on? Perhaps a change in management is in order, because it just doesn’t seem fair.

I’m 0 for 9 in Tim Horton’s latest Roll Up The Rim campaign.

Pete McPhedran

Bah!

0-9, wait til you are in league with me, I stopped counting in 2009...

Tim's hates me. I'll buy you a winner though.

--Pete

February 29, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

Brad

I'm 0 for the last 3 years, honestly. My daughter bought herself a Hot Chocolate, first ever and won. She gave it to me, and I lost again.

The streak continues.

February 29, 2012 @ 3:03 PM

I've switched from Tim Horton's to McDonalds. No foolin'.

Of course, when I'm feeling rich, I'll go for Starbucks.

My mom, however, has won two free donuts in a row with Roll Up The Rim.

February 29, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

Jeff Chalmers

new leaf logo (click on link)

February 29, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Stephanie

My sons 14 year old friend became the proud owner of a BBQ on the second day of the campaign....

February 29, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

CQ

You're talking about a ruddy Coffee Cup contest? I first thought this was a real entry.

February 29, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

Devo

CQ = no sense of humour.

February 29, 2012 @ 5:34 PM

David

Get Ron Wilson to buy you a cup of coffee.

February 29, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

Ryan G

Thank you Devo.

For a minute there I thought I was being too Terrence Mallick'ish.

February 29, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

elvis

You're not going to get free shit from Tim Horton's with those types of comments CQ.

February 29, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Roll up the rim is a great Canadian past time. I've heard more conversations in offices, bars and restaurants, far more than the Fails of the weather prognosticators lately.

March 1, 2012 @ 5:30 AM

CQ

@elvis:
That's Okay. When Colonel Sanders lived part-time at 1337 Melton back in the 1960s & 70s, keeping the Canadian territory of KFC for himself instead of selling out (as he did for worldwide KFC operations), with Tim Horton stopping regularly at the nearby QEW north-side plaza for the Leafs team bus... I never got anything*.
p.s. Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame was one of the Colonel's top franchisors. Decades later, Wendys bought Tims.
*Actually the Colonel (honourary, yet fought in Cuba at 16) set-up the Cdn Operations as a Charity. Observe the donation title over Mississauga's central Hospital.

March 1, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Pigeon Toed Dave

May as well let Ron coach for rest of season so he can set the mark for worst coach ever in the N.H.L. for most loses by a coach. He only needs 16 more. And whats this about he never ever goes in and talks to his team in the dressing room after a game. Mr. Cherry should have fun with that knowledge.

March 1, 2012 @ 9:47 AM