A Week in Toronto

cn towerRegular guy Alvin sent me a nice note about a video he made about his trip to Toronto. Here's his note and video.

Good morning Mike,

My name’s Alvin and I’m just a regular kid from Toronto. I don’t get to spend too much time in the city anymore but came back over the holidays to spend time with friends and family. During that week I also made my first video to show appreciation for the festive season and the city that I’ve grown to know and love. You can check it out at http://vimeo.com/34939656. Repost if you like it (which I secretly hope you do). If not, thanks for taking the time to watch it anyways.

From the West End to the Bluffs,

Alvin

CQ

One Torontoion happened to post about 33, late 20th century, postcards of the Toronto area at his blog since Remembrance Day. With 26 scheduled near daily between Dec. 14th and Jan. 3rd.
Included were Universities, Music Stores, Malls, Airports, Streetcars,... the former Watershow too.

Plus a newly issued misspelt - re-zoomed from an earlier Canada Day at 'Skydome' print - postcard of Rogers "Center" on October 23rd.
Plus an 2009 photo of BMO Field and three images of former Toronto baseball parks, as well in late October.

January 14, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

@CQ

Which Torontonian is postin' all them postcards?

January 14, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

CQ

@TorontoMike 1:42 p.m., lol :)

Twitter note P.S. I mused about Dixie Outlet Mall's origins back in Apr. 2006. It would have been modified into an Outlet Mall when it vastly expanded its indoor portion N-W towards the QEW highway and the Sears Outlet began, likely around 1990.
A bomb shelter? While regular people, above ground, worked at the nearby Coal powered Generating Plant and twin gas stations along that pre-footbridge, airplane landing myth flat stretch of Highway and sideroads. Maybe.

January 14, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

So when did Dixie Value Mall become the Dixie Outlet Mall?

I hadn't been in about 15 years and was surprised to see the name change.

I'm pretty sure it was the Dixie Value Mall sponsoring Jays games on CJCL 1430 back in the day.

January 14, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

twins from bolton

Great posting.
I LOVE Bolton, but I miss my Toronto after living there for 44 yrs.

Thanks Alvin

January 14, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

Rob

That was a great video. The young boy looking through the window takes me back. Great work Alvin and thanks for sharing Mike.

January 14, 2012 @ 6:09 PM