A Podcast Experience Like No Other

podcastWe've been recording the Humble and Fred podcast every weekday for a couple of weeks now, and it's been an experience like no other. The early results are encouraging, the content has been top notch and it's the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. Yes, we keep our clothes on.

Today, while in iTunes, I was met with this "New & Noteworthy" section under "Comedy".

Humble and Fred Radio

That was thrilling in its own right, but then, a little further down the comedy podcast page, I saw this...

podcasts

As I type, iTunes is listing our Humble and Fred Radio podcast as the #4 bestselling podcast in the iTunes store. Number freakin' four... and climbing, I'm sure.

Humble and Fred, it's been a pleasure being a part of this. I thoroughly believe content is king, and you guys bring the content day in and day out. After that, I just have stitch a few bits and bytes to make sure you're heard.

Two weeks in, I'm more optimistic than ever that this will succeed. It's simply too good not to.

Amish Tech Support

They're still showing up in iTunes as six hours long

October 27, 2011 @ 1:20 PM

The infamous iTunes 6-hour issue is due to an MP3 datarate issue that we're actually attempting to fix right now.

October 27, 2011 @ 1:31 PM

It's fixed. It was a bad MP3 encoder that we're no longer using.

So starting with today's episode, all is well and the 6-hour episode is no more.

October 27, 2011 @ 2:59 PM

_Justink

Mike - today's show appeared in itunes as 1:58 long even though it was over at around 1:30.

Also, wow, I'd just like to say what a great thing you guys are. I listened to Howard every day on Boom, but I haven't really heard the two guys together that much before. CFNY and 99.9 weren't my stations and I only listened occasionally on 640. What's great here is you're not only attracting old listeners that want to hear the guys together again, you're attracting new listeners like myself. I can't miss a show now. Congrats on the great start.

October 27, 2011 @ 4:39 PM

@_Justink

Damn. I thought the guys had that fixed.

I just checked the xml file that feeds iTunes and it has 1:29:39 so we're still looking at an MP3 encoding issue.

We'll get it...

Thanks for the kind words about the show. We've put all our heart and soul into this thing, and we'd love for it to succeed.

October 27, 2011 @ 4:45 PM

Jamie

Again. Great job Mike and the guys. I used to download the DBS and listen on my drive to work, now I don't have to listen to that crude and childish humor anymore. Fart jokes and belching can only go so far. I can finally grow up and listen to clever and entertaining comedy my 37 year old brain needs.

October 27, 2011 @ 4:51 PM

Ken U. Barrett

Nice to see that internet radio thing is taking up your time..At least everyone does not have to put up with reading about the free stuff you get day after day after day.....
Musta been a bitch to pay for your Beefaroni at Tim's !!
Work on It.

October 27, 2011 @ 4:52 PM

@_Justink

One guy who had that 6-hour podcast issue tells me it's fixed for today's episode. I'm hoping you're an anomaly.

@Ken U. Barrett

How brave of you to be such a dink behind what's obviously your real name. I applaud your courage.

October 27, 2011 @ 4:56 PM

_Justink

I should paraphrase. In itunes it says 1:29 like it should. The downloaded file in the podcast section of my ipod says 1:58 though. Not sure if it was like that in itunes earlier but has since been changed or what.

October 27, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

andrew

Just a thought!!

Why doesn't H&F interview Rob Ford on their podcast?? I'm sure interesting conversation, especially if you are there.

October 27, 2011 @ 7:44 PM

Craig Milton

Seeing the numbers then seeing the show hit #4 for PodCast (comedy) on iTunes this fast in the game was so great... High-five.

October 27, 2011 @ 7:54 PM

LLC

Congratulations Humble & Fred, Mike and everyone else who believed in this venture!! I am enjoying every moment of every podcast. It seems I'm not alone :)

On some level, I also feel invested in this venture - not monetarily - haha, but as a fan who truly wants you to succeed so that I can continue to enjoy your show each day. You've made such a difference in my daily routine, having you back in the car with me, making my long commute something I actually look forward to!

Mike - I'm going to "Like" this article on FB. You likely have plans to do this, but it might be a good idea to also add the social media tags/links to each individual post on humbleandfredradio.com. I don't have the 4000+ friends that Humble has, but if you're trying to drive traffic to the site, make it easy for fans like me to send my FB friends there too.

Thanks again for the laughs!

October 27, 2011 @ 8:24 PM

Rob

Dear John and Maureen,

It's not you, it's me. I've rekindled a relationship from years ago. No hard feeling and I wish you well.

Rob

October 27, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Mark Carey

test comment

October 28, 2011 @ 8:17 AM

From the Bunker

Hello Mike

When it comes time to give guided tours of the H & F studio's then I am your man. I was the guide at the Diefenbunker near Ottawa for 30 years..........

October 28, 2011 @ 12:22 PM