Open Mike: September Swoon

microphoneWhat the hell happened to September?

This is your chance to share a thought, an opinion, a commentary, a response, an engagement... whatever you want. Pound the keys!

What's on your mind?

walter

brad

ok i'll start

stafford should do afternoons on 640

bynon is horrible

September 30, 2011 @ 9:06 AM

Mike R.

On the topic of Toronto Radio, Brady and Lang have really grown on me. That 590 morning show is greatly superior to the TSN show with Richards.

September 30, 2011 @ 9:16 AM

Boomer

I still can't stand Brady on 590 & Cybulski on TSN puts me to sleep.

September 30, 2011 @ 9:37 AM

Ryan G

On the subway the other day, and a rogue tim horton's cup rolls around the floor aimlessly. When it nears a person, eyes avert and feet lift.

It finds its way to me, I pick it up and feel a wave of embarrassment amongst those who pretended they did not see it.

"Was that so difficult you sons of bitches!?", I yell. (inside my head that is)

September 30, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

Il Duce

I have to agree with Boomer. Brady is like Kenny Bania from Seinfeld, so not funny. He can read box scores quite well but has zero likability factor. I really hope Richards starts to make a dent in the morning numbers soon!

September 30, 2011 @ 10:55 AM

Inside Ryan G's Head

ssshh, whisper!

September 30, 2011 @ 10:57 AM

Jill

@ Ryan G.......applause!

September 30, 2011 @ 11:59 AM

Walter

Love that animated gif of Walter. Love that movie!

September 30, 2011 @ 12:27 PM

jaun

Is that John Goodman?

TSN/ESPN radio sucks period. Its too bad we can't receive Fox Sports Radio, especially The Jim Rome Show & NorhttoNorth with Mike North. ESPN Radio is like the monopolistic Rogers radio.

How the hell did you have 6 winners in the Proline Football pools last week. Buffalo wins? Seatle wins? SF wins? Oak wins? NYG win?

Toronto is a boring city, same old, same old shit.

September 30, 2011 @ 12:39 PM

Yes, that amazing animated gif is John Goodman as Walter Sobchak in The Big Lebowski.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

September 30, 2011 @ 12:48 PM

Dude

I never understood the appeal of The Big Lebowski.

Boring movie that everybody loves. What-ever!

September 30, 2011 @ 12:57 PM

Clint

I predict, Toronto Mike, will be waving to Mayor Ford, with ALL his fingers, before the end of the 2012 Calendar Year!

September 30, 2011 @ 3:11 PM

Not Clint

I predict Toronto Mike will be waving to Mayor Ford with his middle finger before the end of the weekend.

September 30, 2011 @ 4:30 PM

Cheryl

Good that hockey finally starts on Thursday. Bring on my Habs. Good thing baseball season is over, but now the playoffs. Well, hopefully none of the baseball will go to any game seven and it will be over quickly.

September 30, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

dale

Clarke MacArthur suspended 2 games in regular season for that hit???

Brendan Shanahan is doing his job but this is ridiculous.
9 suspensions in preseason. What's going to happen when regular season starts.

Brendan you've ALREADY made your voice heard & quit it for trying to get more noticed.

Colby Armstrong's hit earlier this week was worse than MacArthur's & he didn't even have a review.

NO Consistency.

October 1, 2011 @ 2:31 PM

Here's the play:

Shanny is trying to root out targeted head shots. I'm okay with that.

October 1, 2011 @ 3:05 PM

Bob Piciotti

WHAT !!!No free cars,I-Padz,Eye-phones this week??
Or have you realized your bragging has pissed everyone off??
Oh..High Park LL champs was 10 & under..Missed that I assume..
Minor Division.One level above T-Ball.....

October 1, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

dale

@ Mike
My point was that Colby's hit much worse than Clarke's & he had NO review.

Inconsistency.