Labour Day Open Mike

microphoneIt's the last long weekend of the summer.

This is your chance to let it fly. Whatever your beef is, smear it below!

Crazy_Harry

Vito Scrapazoni

Other than "Open Mike" I honestly can't think of anyone whom gives a shirt about the free stuff you get!!

September 3, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Man has milk got expensive at Mac's Milk, was under $5.00 for a Jug and now $5.39, and overnight increase of 8%. It's going the way of gasoline and Hydro. Just can't bring my self to switch to powdered 2%, eewwwwww!

September 3, 2011 @ 1:45 PM

David

When I was a kid, my mom used to mix regular milk with powdered milk to save a few pennies.

It must not have been that bad -- I love milk to this day!

September 3, 2011 @ 2:04 PM

twins from bolton

Milk at Shopper's Drug Mart in Bolton is still &3.99 for 3 bags.

September 3, 2011 @ 2:52 PM

felix

Bags? Milk still comes in bags? Crazy.

Also, Mike, when can we expect this so-called "Tablet Review" you promised?

September 3, 2011 @ 4:10 PM

Lorne

Just found out that the Ontario Place Play All Day pass doesn't include CNE admission this year. What the fuzz?

September 3, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

Cheryl

I sure can't wait until hockey starts. All there is these days is baseball. I really want some hockey. Baseball is a slow and boring game. Go Habs.

September 3, 2011 @ 6:11 PM

CQ

I can wait until hockey starts. Go Leafs?

September 3, 2011 @ 6:45 PM

David

And where they're goin', no one knows...

September 3, 2011 @ 7:58 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I would drink Homo, but my fat content conscious wife and teenage daughter would nix that pretty quick.

September 3, 2011 @ 9:59 PM

CQ

For Over-the-Air TV viewers in the Toronto area:
The NBC Buffalo affiliate is dropping their RTV (retro television) sub channel by mid-month.

Sun News Network is also expected to cease its own free broadcasting, in T.O., at the end of October.

September 4, 2011 @ 12:53 AM

Cheryl

Who cares about those channels. As long as I have my hockey, I'm fine and I get it for free over the Internet once the season starts. I get my Habs broadcasts all the time. Go Habs.

September 4, 2011 @ 8:01 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Cheryl, why do you have to bad mouth baseball when there are a lot of baseball fans including Mike on here and myself, just keep the baseball comments to yourself and message to Habs/Leafs
The Sabres are the studs in the division this year We finally have an owner who isnt shy about spending his money and wants his Cup to show for it, does anyone in the Eastern conference of the NHL for that matter have a blue line as deep as ours? Erhoff, Regher,Leopold, Myers. Sekera, Weber and Grangianni who btw led the team with 7 points in the playoffs..and btw we got Ville Leino....so im thinkin its gonna be a tough season on the Habs and Leafs

September 4, 2011 @ 9:27 AM

Douglas

As a former Winnipegger who grew up as a young boy with a great local professional hockey team headed by the Hull-Hedberg-Nilsson line, I should join the hockey chants here with "GO JETS!" Never mind that it's a different team that hasn't been very good for years now.

Wait a minute, that means that Winnipeggers will be like people in another Canadian city, supporting and cheering like crazy for a team that hasn't won squat for ages. Still, I like the Jets' chances of having a good year better than another team that has a maple leaf in the centre of their logo. Go Jets!

September 4, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

Ajax Mike

Something that just occurred to me... why *is* the maple leaf's color blue anyway? Wouldn't red or even green make more sense? Just sayin'...

September 4, 2011 @ 11:39 AM

jen

testing.. 1 2 1 2...

why does the media ( tv, radio, news etc,..) whenever they mention a Celebrity who happens to be " Canadian" always stresses that point ad naseum?

eg.. Canadian Jim Carrey - just released a new film..

you don't EVER hear and see that in American media-
eg. American Brad Pitt just released a new film

it is really bothersome.. and really unnecessary...is it a cancon thing?..or just an inferior complex..
you want my point.. try watching etalk..

September 4, 2011 @ 1:56 PM

Joe Jackson

Why, in the name of the baby jesus, would ANYONE watch etalk???????????

September 4, 2011 @ 2:03 PM

jen

hah..:)
I don't ... but whenever I click on that channel- that is all I ever hear...
then I switch the channel quick.
that is my point..

September 4, 2011 @ 2:43 PM

Cheryl

Well, this will be another Habs year, sorry. I love my Habs and it's another year they'll find a way to win the cup. It won't be the Sabres, Jets or Leafs. Go Habs.

September 4, 2011 @ 3:16 PM

CQ

Ajax Mike 11:39,
The Leafs are blue probably after following the University of Toronto's Blue colour scheme. I wish TFC had done the same; Montreal's new soccer team will now be blue and Toronto is a silly national Red and White flag bearer.

jen 13:56,
Just wait for any American celebrity at TIFF to wave at the etalk camera and say very nicely, "Hello Canada."

September 4, 2011 @ 6:39 PM

Joe Jackson

@ Jen

Sorry. Glad to hear you switch channels!

Guess the masses follow the adage, "Inquiring Minds Have to Know"! (Like who is screwing whom, and who has been charged with whatever...........GET A LIFE!!!)

September 4, 2011 @ 7:33 PM

Gump

Listen, I'm not one to pass on rumours (let alone start them), but this one has me intriguing and feeling a little better about the world.
There is speculation that Wade Belak died of auto-erotic asphyxia, which, when you take into context thee widespread shock over his death, and even more shocking, the method of death.
Personally, I'd rather be known by going that way then by suicide.

September 4, 2011 @ 7:37 PM

Joe Jackson

@ Gump

So,in layman's terminology, you are saying he died in the saddle. (Gee, like Sgt. Phil Esterhaus on "Hill Street Blues"?)

Who gives a shit? He's still dead!!! Oh sorry, guess you have to know the sordid details as your inquiring mind is wont to do.

Ya, better than suicide, I'll grant you that!

September 4, 2011 @ 8:00 PM

Sorry all, completely out of commission all weekend.

I'll just say this...

I love Milk. I pay $4.39 or something like that for 4 litres of the stuff at Rexall.

I'm still playing with the tablets. Entries are coming, just a little behind...

An accidental hanging is better than an intentional hanging. Let's hear the official cause of death and hope it's the Michael Hutchence verdict.

I'm about to introduce the kids to Spaceballs.

September 4, 2011 @ 8:11 PM

Jason from Sudbury

You guys think paying $5 for milk is bad? Try going to New Brunswick, cheapest is $6 at Walmart. At a corner store you're looking at just below 8 bucks.

September 4, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

NW

@ Toronto Mike

May the Schwartz Be With You!

September 4, 2011 @ 9:34 PM

Romy

Labour Day!

If you enjoy weekends, parental leave, unemployment benefits, minimum wage, equal pay rights, 40 hour work weeks, safe workplace legislation, sick leave, health benefits and much more -- thank unionists of yesteryear.

September 5, 2011 @ 7:44 AM

CQ

Romy 07:44,

Merry ol England, right? If you enjoy a 20% sales tax and an increase of your retirement age to 67 -- thank your neighbours, worker, mangement, and contract companies, for whom Governments spent so much deficit spending upon throughout the past 30 or 40 years. And good luck in replacing your 1965 North Sea natural gas supply.

September 5, 2011 @ 8:39 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Im just going to throw this out there, I recently posted on BBM, but if Jonathan Paplebon is a free agent this year, I say AA throw a bunch of money to steal him from the Red Sox. 20+ blown saves by the Jays bullpen, we haven't had that stud closer since BJ Ryan blew out his elbow, its time to spend a lil money on this team and bring in a big boy to close out some ball games, even if you get 10 of those blown saves back you might get into a wildcard position, add to that another solid starter or Big outfield bat and this club contends for real next year.

September 5, 2011 @ 5:42 PM

Dipshit Rick from Oakville

Why are you buying your bag of milk from a corner store anyway? Of course it is gonna be expensive.

Too many dipshits that like to complain about nothing.

September 7, 2011 @ 1:44 PM