Alan Cross Gets Gig With Astral

radioAlan Cross was fired by Corus back in July. Now, he's been hired by Astral's Orbyt Media division.

He'll host a show called The Secret History of Rock with Alan Cross, which will sound an awful lot like his Ongoing History of New Music show we all know and love. Astral will air his show across Canada, and in Toronto on Boom 97.3.

Alan Cross can have his little Astral gig, and Colleen Rusholme can enjoy herself on Vinyl 95.3, but the real fun will be had by Humble and Fred on Humble and Fred Radio!

Tom

I really don't any of this - why was he fired in the first place?

September 8, 2011 @ 4:49 PM

Kevin

@Tom: He was a full-time employee of Corus put in charge of a lame venture.

But as soon he was canned he joined the "Anti-CFNY' brigade that had been around the whole time he worked there.

Alan isn't the maverick he wants you to think he is, or wants himself to think he is. Surprised?

September 8, 2011 @ 4:58 PM

Tom

@Kevin Lame venture? Do you mean ExploreMusic or Ongoing History? I like both, but I don't care for the new host of Explore. I just don't get why they get rid of a guy with that much knowledge and experience unless his pay was getting to big and they want to tend towards mindless top 40 radio.

September 9, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

Kevin

Cross has to do what the market will pay him to do. Maybe a few people will notice.

H&F are the ones taking a leap into a new era and they deserve more attention for it.

September 9, 2011 @ 3:19 PM

Alyssa

While I can't stand the station's content and most of their hosts, I find it amusing when I hear Alan Cross and Jason Barr on 97.7 HTZ FM.

I'm appalled at Corus' decision to downsize their internet music division. Are they living under a rock? Sites like last.fm, 8tracks, choiceradio, etc. Social media and music are big.

December 13, 2011 @ 9:03 AM

Richard

I am glad he is not with the edge 97.7 is better and they have way more listeners

Love your shown Allan