The Openest Mike Ever! AMA

microphoneI could use a weekend. Lucky for me, one is only hours away.

Use the comments of this entry to discuss that, or anything you want. Or ask me anything... I'm really smart.

But don't forget, Def Leppard and Heart tickets are going to someone at 4pm. Go here to enter.

askmike

Ryan G

i had my first bicycle accident yesterday. it was all my fault and i scraped up my knee and arm.

i was about to turn into a street and i swerved directly into a female cyclist riding behind me i didn't see, and my head amazingly went directly into her crotch.

awfully embarrassing but strangely i wanted to smoke afterwards.

August 12, 2011 @ 10:07 AM

@Ryan G

The world wants to know... what's your beef with capitalization?

August 12, 2011 @ 10:10 AM

Ryan G

there is no beef.

it's just faster because i pop in to your site here and there and quickly write things.

However, if it's easier to read sentences with proper case lettering, I will gladly oblige.

COULD BE WORSE THOUGH.

August 12, 2011 @ 10:19 AM

Wandering Penguin

LOL - I read the question as "...what's your beef with capitalism?"

The answer confused me for a moment. :)

August 12, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

The_Voice

I also read "what's your beef with captialism?"

August 12, 2011 @ 12:02 PM

Il Duce

Mike I’ve been meaning to ask you this for awhile but here goes. Some times I wish I was Wonder Woman, get your mind out of the gutter, and could use her magic lasso that made people tell the truth, wrap it around your head and ask you… where on God’s green earth did you get your haircut?

August 12, 2011 @ 12:06 PM

Cheryl

Sure wish there were more sports on these days besides baseball. Baseball is so boring. Oh well, so Heart is coming as well. I hate them as well as Def Leppard. Yuck. Go Habs.

August 12, 2011 @ 3:48 PM

SAM

Mike,I was wondering,what was Bea Arther's shoe size in the final year of "Golden Girls" ???

August 12, 2011 @ 3:59 PM

I believe Bea was a size 10 when she passed.

August 12, 2011 @ 4:53 PM

SAM

Thankx..I was guessing 11 but now I know..
Will sleep well tonight.

August 12, 2011 @ 4:57 PM

SAM

....Lakeshore Mardi Gras Unamed city counslar trying to buy votes..but otherwise...
Tonite 9PM Chilliwack..
Tomorrow night..Five Man Electrical Band.
Oh the memories..

August 12, 2011 @ 5:07 PM

twins from bolton

Jury duty summons again for next Tues. 5th time in 15 years. I was on a jury in TDOT 15 years ago & another 5 years ago in Peel. I've been summoned 3 times in the last year & fortunately I was dismissed with a letter from Pres. of our workplace last 2 times.

I have to go this time. I guess I didn't hit a foul ball on my third pitch, but struck OUT. My numbers come up but on the wrong lottery.

Doesn't anyone else live in Peel region??

August 12, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

Buttertartfart

@twins Bolton
My statment will get all the people on here getting their shit in a knot..
I have got out of jury duty and many,many of my friends have also...
When they ask you if you are prejdece..
Just answer only against gay people and non whites...
YOU WILL NEVER BE CALLED AGAIN !!!

August 12, 2011 @ 7:04 PM

Cheryl

chilliwack is good. Well, their old music was anyway. Forget the newer stuff. Go habs.

August 12, 2011 @ 7:48 PM

GTA Rob

@Mike: was there to be a follow up to the HP Touchpad review?
I read today that HP has dropped the price to $400/$500 for the two models they released.

August 12, 2011 @ 9:14 PM

Yes, an HP Touchpad follow up is imminent!

August 12, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

Tim

So oil tanks three days ago and we get a two cent reduction. Then it rebounds and we get a six cent increase. The gouging and greed of the oil companies is astounding

August 13, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

Cheryl

I could kill my neighbour. He had a stupid party going all night long. He had the music really loud and the base turned up loud so it went through the walls. I had to call security three times to get him to be quiet. He finally shut it off which was good. As for jury duty, I never got called yet and hope I can use blindness as an excuse if I do because I sure don't want to do it and spend night after night in a hotel room sleeping with strangers.

August 13, 2011 @ 10:04 AM

Lorne

I have a whole bunch of tomato plants, but very few tomatoes. I water and fertilize the garden often, and the plants get plenty of sun. The tomatoes I have gotten are quite good, I just wish there were more.

Is there anything I can do to encourage the growth of more tomatoes?

August 13, 2011 @ 10:55 AM

Might I suggest tomacco?

August 13, 2011 @ 10:58 AM

Ajax Mike

@Cheryl I think they only sequester Juries like that for very high profile cases. Most of the time you're just instructed to not discuss the case and avoid any media coverage. I think. I've never been summoned myself, so what do I know?

August 13, 2011 @ 6:26 PM

twins from bolton

I've been on 2 juries in last 15 years & had enough. Only sequestered once during time after jury has to decide a verdict after the case was finished.

WHY don't my real Lottery numbers get picked???

August 13, 2011 @ 9:35 PM

Cheryl

Well, I never got picked for jury duty either. I hope I never do. The thing is you have no way of knowing if you'll be sequestered. This is it. Go Habs.

August 14, 2011 @ 9:59 AM

I was on a jury last fall, and we were packed and prepared to be sequestered on deliberation day.

It was a murder case, so maybe that's why...

August 14, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Cheryl

There is a new country music station now in Hamilton called KX94.7. I said I don't listen to radio much, but thought I would try this one out. I don't know exactly how long it has been around, but I found it today. They seem to play a variety and don't repeat much. They haven't played my favourite artist yet who is Sean Hogan. They should get with it because Sean Hogan has a new album coming out in September.

August 14, 2011 @ 1:45 PM

Roshan

How many more years do you think the Simpsons will run?

August 14, 2011 @ 11:47 PM

The Simpsons will run until one of the principle voice actors passes away.

For example, if Julie Kavner were to suddenly pass, they'd call it a series. They wouldn't go on without her, Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer or even Yeardley Smith.

Yes, they'd even end the series if Yeardley Smith were to pass.

August 15, 2011 @ 8:32 AM

Boomer

Mike,

Why do I get an error message that I don't have access to the server when I try to post from here from home? (I'm with Bell).

August 15, 2011 @ 8:46 AM

@Boomer

Very, very strange. is it a 403 error?

And you can see the site fine at both www.torontomike.com and www.mikeboon.com ?

August 15, 2011 @ 9:29 AM

Boomer

Mike, I will check tonight. I can get to the site, but cannot post. I will let you know the exact error message.

August 15, 2011 @ 11:03 AM

Ray

Like the new look. You changed it without a related comment?

August 15, 2011 @ 11:40 AM

Everyone!

I've changed the site a little... new logo, colours, etc.

What do you think?

August 15, 2011 @ 11:54 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Hey Cheryl, it's been on the air only a few weeks, glad an FM station for country music came back on line. Sure missed when 95.3 changed formats some time ago.
Tired of the AM820 out here and the tinny sound it had.

August 15, 2011 @ 9:54 PM