Open Mike, Yo! Sugar Me!

microphoneThese be the dog days of summer, yo. Give me some of that sugar...

Sugar, for your rookies, is interesting comments. A thought, an opinion, a commentary, a response, an engagement... that's sweet, sweet sugar.

Pour some sugar on me!

sugar-ad

Henry

I dont find Dane cook the least bit funny.
Wtf?

August 19, 2011 @ 9:26 AM

Dl

Dane Cook sux.

August 19, 2011 @ 9:47 AM

McNulty

The Sugar diet is brilliant. What better way is there to stop yourself from eating something you shouldn't than by eating something else you shouldn't? How can that diet fail?

I personally like the other ad campaign these people did. The Crack diet. Find yourself hungry? Smoke some crack and you'll forget all about hunger!

August 19, 2011 @ 9:49 AM

Drake Ramoray

Rod Black on TSN is simply brutal!!
It is to the point that he is just embarrassing!!
To the public and to himself.
I put this out..Is there any worse sports personality ANYWHERE..Whom is getting $$
out there (cable 10 Red Deer,or North Bay)???
No slight to Red Deer or North Bay ..

August 19, 2011 @ 3:29 PM

Ryan G

..speaking of "cable 10" as Drake calls it, if anyone thinks they have what it takes to produce their own tv show, Rogers TV is inviting you to step up, as the kids say..and you don't even have to be municipally famous like humble and fred (they had their own Rogers show years back)

August 19, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

Rob

There is talk that David Bowie is retiring.
I missed my chance to see him in concert a few years ago, and I sure hope that I didn't blow my last chance.

PLEASE Bowie, one more tour!

August 19, 2011 @ 6:38 PM

Cheryl

A sugar diet sounds good. My personal trainer wouldn't want me doing that though. Anyway, a month and a half until hockey starts. I can't wait. Bring it on. go Habs.

August 19, 2011 @ 7:09 PM

twins from bolton

I went to my jury duty summons on Tuesday at 8:30AM. Our jury number had 120 possible jurors into a room with NOTHING - except a washroom.

Finally at 10:00 we were all called into a courtroom. A trial with 6 sexual assault charges & 1 charge of uttering death threats. There were 14 jurors to be picked for the trial - 12 & 2 alternates. Judges said trial could last 5-6 days + deliberation.

1st 20 picked, 2nd 20 picked & 3rd 20 picked - I came up # 58. Told to be back at 1:45PM when we were put into a jury room until our number came up. We did have a chance to speak to the judge before being chosen if any conflicts. I knew I was home FREE with the charges. After 40 possible jurors only 6 picked & it was 3:00PM. I was told to come back next day.

I wanted to speak to the judge before the lawyers would "content or challenge me". Noon the next day my time had come as I spoke to the judge & was excused immediately.

My sister was sexually assaulted in mid 1980's & the judge said if that would influence my decision.

Of Course. I was excused.

This jury sommons selection is SHIT & has to change. I've been chosen 4 times in last 17 years & there is only a 3 year period whereby you can't be summoned.

I've been on 2 juries in Toronto in the 1990s' when I lived there.

Why don't my real lottery numbers come up like this?

August 19, 2011 @ 7:39 PM

Lorne

I tried to buy moose meat this week, but it turns out it's illegal to sell the meat in Ontario. You can only sell inspected meat, and there's no moose farms.

I don't hunt or know anyone who does, so I guess I need to find a different meat for the chili cook-off.

August 19, 2011 @ 11:12 PM

Cheryl

I never had moose meat. I wouldn't know if I like it or not. I had vennison before though and I know I don't like that. Would rather have beef or lamb any day. Go Habs.

August 20, 2011 @ 7:38 AM

twins from bolton

Going to a wedding at 4:00PM today for 1 of my son's Baseball coaches from previous years.

He's getting married at 2nd base at Ted Houston Memorial Park where he has played for almost 20 years.

A weird venue for a wedding but it means a lot to him & his future wife. Hopefully no rain.

August 20, 2011 @ 12:27 PM