More About Bev

notepadI get more email about my Who Wants to Date Bev? entry than just about anything else I've written the past six months. Most of the email is negative, but some is positive. That Bev entry seems to have really struck a nerve.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I'm not pimping her out, I'm just using my GTA reach to see if there's a potential mate for her out there. Christopher and Hector's friend maybe very well be going for coffee with Bev, and we're going to read about it here. It should be fun.

bev

I'm actually thinking of letting Bev blog here occasionally, sort of as a guest blogger. Let me know if you're interested in a similar set-up... I'm looking right at you Ryan G.

Oh... and you can stop the hate mail. If the Bev entry offended you, I give you permission to stop reading this blog.

Wandering Penguin

Can I send you hate mail about the people who are sending you hate mail about the entry? Would that be ok? Because seriously, people... get a hobby or something. I thought this was a terrific idea.

July 11, 2011 @ 11:56 AM

Irvine

Angry emails? Doesn't surprise me. I work in a field dominated by males & it sounds like many dudes no longer have interest in relationships with women. I constantly hear about how women are "gold diggers" and want the best of both worlds (guy must be traditional while she can be traditional or modern to suit her needs). A couple of my weight lifting buds would qualify as "well employed, good looking & fit". By any standards they should find it easy to meet women. Their hopes for a relationship are non existent. Not sure what happened in the last 15 years but Will and Kate are an anomaly in this world. Lucky for me, I don't have the problem of dating. Thank god.

July 11, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

David

I think the Bev entry is a great idea, and I really don't get why so many people have been out of sorts about it. There's too little happiness in the world, so whether you're preference is single or attached, go for what you want!

I have been attached for 12 years now, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to go back to being single again. That's not a criticism of women - I know there are lots of terrific ladies out there. But I absolutely dreaded the dating process (for lack of a better term) when I was single.

July 11, 2011 @ 12:23 PM

Mmmm

I think this would be a more interesting campaign if you were pimping out Bev.

And I'd be interested. Definitely.

July 11, 2011 @ 1:38 PM

Brian

Is it too late for me to date Bev?

July 11, 2011 @ 4:01 PM

Cheryl

Not interested in dating Bev. I'm a female. I'm single and I like it that way.

July 11, 2011 @ 7:27 PM

Gump

You forgot to mention the Habs Cheryl - please edit.

I don't know why the hate for Bev and/or this 'process'. What's the harm in trying new things on this blog. Why can't we support Mike? Go to Freddy P's if this place isn't so good (and don't let the door slam on your conservative views).

Like Irvine I sense a resentment of (pretty) women on this blog. Too bad, women are terrific (remember one birthed you).

July 11, 2011 @ 8:40 PM

James edgar

Boy I go away for a bit (Okay most of the last year and you turn into POF!

I'd love to date Bev ! I am over 30 but WAY over:( Much closer to 50 (not over but I can see it) . And I live in the GTA and I'm not a psychopath. But that age thing ..LOl

Good Luck Bev Dating is hard. . I'm newly single and it's not to easy to meet good people who are genuine.

July 11, 2011 @ 8:45 PM

James edgar

I Don't get the hate mail at all.

Some people with too much time on their hands? Or just Pissed that they would likely not have a shot with her?

Whatever the reason it makes no sense.

July 11, 2011 @ 8:55 PM

Roshan

Don't know what the fuss is about. Novel idea and it looked fun. I couldn't date Bev as I live half a world away but I'm drinking a coffee to both u & Mike this evening. Have a great day.

July 12, 2011 @ 7:49 AM

Liz

Wouldn't it be cool if this worked out well for Bev? And the person she connected with?

Like David said, there's too little happiness in the world. So if this is a funky way of someone getting closer to happiness, then why not?

Good on ya, Mike.

July 12, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

jason

So do you get her for the whole night, or is it buy the hour?

Do you have any other girls on your roster?

:P

July 12, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

Cheryl

I can talk about my Habs. Maybe I would like Bev if she was a Habs fan, but I wouldn't want to date her.

July 12, 2011 @ 7:39 PM

@jason

My lawyer says it's all good so long as no money exchanges hands.

July 12, 2011 @ 10:06 PM