The Pool Ends, Vancouver Burns, Leafs Watch Commences

StanleyI was glad the Canucks lost. Normally, I hate Boston, but in this series, they had my full support.

It sounds like more folks are talking about the riots than the series. That's too bad. If you want to see some amazing photos of the Vancouver riots, you want to visit the National Post.

riot4

riot34

In my annual playoff pool, I actually finished second. My brother Steve finished first. Good times...

And with hockey officially behind us this season, our Leafs watch officially begins. Go Leafs Go!

Go Leafs Go

Michael

Leafs watch?

What are we watching for?

A real NHL team to show up?

The league says Toronto already has a team and a second one is not an option for Toronto.

It has been over 7 years since Toronto had a real NHL team, one that made the playoffs.

June 16, 2011 @ 4:49 PM

Cheryl

Well, bring on next season. Cheer for a good team, the habs. They're going to win the next cup. Go Habs.

June 16, 2011 @ 6:33 PM

dale

I'm glad Bruins won only because of 1 person - Thomas the Tank (NOT Kaberle - but Tim) with his history getting to NHL after his time in the minors & in Europe. He paid his dues & stepped it up in the finals for Boston.

Watch for major trade just before or on trading day by Burke.

TOTALLY embarrassed being a Canadian today with the CRAP in Vancouver after the game, fortunately they are on the OTHER side of our country.

June 16, 2011 @ 6:35 PM

Rob

I have all ready started doing my Leaf's chant.
"there is always next year"

June 16, 2011 @ 7:55 PM

LEW

You don't like my Canucks, but you sure like our sloppy seconds....

June 17, 2011 @ 11:39 AM

Irvine

@Dale: Montreal had riots. Edmonton had riots. Calgary didn't have riots we just had girls flashing their boobs.

Toronto could well have riots too just the Leafs never get anywhere near the finals (or playoffs) to find out. Careful what you wish for.

@Toronto Mike: I'm not sure "amazing" is the correct word to use to describe what happened. You wouldn't use those words if it was YOUR 'hood or car getting torched.

@LEW: I dearly love your city and I'm there many weekends. But...the world is getting a glimpse into the dark side of Van city man. I see lots of comments about Surrey Jacks, Bridge and Tunnel people, etc. The lower mainland is a tough place & has a racist streak that's showing. It's a pretty uncomfortable time it seems. That said, I'll see you this weekend...riots ain't stopping me from a good weekend in Kits & Granville.

For a fleeting moment, Hastings and Main was the calmest part of the city.

June 17, 2011 @ 12:39 PM

Cheryl

There's always next year for my Habs. My Habs will win the cup before your Leafs do.

June 17, 2011 @ 4:47 PM

Anonymous

@ Cheryl,Cherry, Sherell, or whatever.

One can be blind, one can be stupid. Unfortuntely you win in both catagories.

June 17, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

andrew

@ Cheryl

Do you have a LIFE other than your HAB NOTS?????? Time to hibernate now & then come out of your hole when the HABS will be NOT. Salary cap issue - if you are a true fan - LOL

June 17, 2011 @ 9:41 PM

Cheryl

Yes, I'm blind, but not stupid. I'm a Habs fan and am proud of it. Now the only sport is baseball and that's so slow and boring. Well, bring on my Habs who will win the cup.

June 18, 2011 @ 8:05 AM

trouble

Instead of rioting over a hockey game, those people in BC should be rioting over something much more important.

& that is Harper's plan to slap people in his new jails for 6 months for possession of marijuana.

& you know there are alot of potheads in BC.

June 18, 2011 @ 12:56 PM