Ontario Boat Licenses: Where to Pick Up Your Application Forms

InfoDid you know that any boat powered by a motor of 10 hp (7.5 kW) or more must have a valid licence?

To get your boat licence, you must mail the following documents to the Pleasure Craft Licensing Centre:

• a completed application form;
  • proof of vessel ownership; and
  • a signed copy of a valid piece of government-issued identification.

Application forms are available for download or, for all your boat license Ontario needs, pick them up in person through your local Service Canada Centre. Here's a handy list of Ontario Service Canada Centre locations:

Now I just need a boat...

whoo

Boating licenses, another tax grab by the govt. It should be for the stupid assholes in S. ON, you know the ones who don't know how to drive their big powerboats.

What the hell do you need a license for a 14' aluminum boat in a small fishing lake?

June 28, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

A.R.

I suppose you could do some stupid things in a 14' aluminum boat in a small lake like go boating while drunk, small it up on some rocks, have it capsize with some other people on board in a cold northern Ontario lake. Some fools enjoy engaging in petty regionalism--a distraction from real causes and effects.

June 28, 2011 @ 7:39 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I'm with WHOO, did the test on line a few years ago, what a farce having a moderator, etc.

July 3, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

Proctor

I agree with Rick and WHOO, I was a proctor for someone who I gave all the answers to so she could pass. These kinds of passes happen all the time and prove the test is indeed a big farce. If the police catch you without this joke of a card, they will slap you with a huge fine.

July 17, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

PM

I need to get my boat license next year as I would like to buy a Seadoo
as I think the family would really enjoy this.

October 15, 2016 @ 4:10 PM

Becky

Having a watercraft (of any size) licensed is a good idea and I am happy as a resident of Minnesota, where we share beautiful Rainy Lake and responsibilities of safety on the water. Ownership papers mean so much, like here in Minnesota. The dollars for titling and registration (minimal in my opinion) go to great programs that teach water safety, look after our precious resources, and keep an eye on invasive species.

January 23, 2017 @ 3:53 PM

Tommy

I agree with Whoo for a small fishing boat that I was using since I was 13 should not require a boating license.

March 6, 2018 @ 1:42 PM