Weekend Open Mike

microphoneI usually throw this entry down on a Friday, but I thought I'd mix it up a bit.

Use the comments of this entry to discuss anything you want. Or everything you want. Go nuts.

Reload F5!

Birdman

This is how I make my nest.

May 14, 2011 @ 9:57 AM

@Birdman et al

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that you can embed images in the comments.

I only have two rules:

1. No wider than 560 pixels, please
2. Nothing too inappropriate - if you're unsure, it's likely inappropriate

May 14, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Cheryl

Has anyone tried doing the survey at www.toronto.ca/torontoservicereview? It's a good idea, but it doesn't work for me even though I went to the screen reader version, but it said you have to use the drag and drop technique or something like that. I did everything, went to the site, went to the accessible version for screen readers and still get the drag and drop thing. It's not accessible and doesn't work for the blind so if you're blind, don't bother with it. It doesn't work.

May 14, 2011 @ 11:25 AM

CQ

I haven't done a Toronto Service survey.

I am wondering why there is a large TTC billboard in Mississauga. It is all black with only the TTC logo and a plain 416 phone number, no description provided. It is situated along Dundas Street halfway between Dixie Road and the 427 highway, facing across to the eastbound traffic.
Then I departed the Mississauga Transit bus OUTSIDE of Islington station where commuters of the 700,000 plus suburban city have no washrooms and no wheelchair access to the subway line? Meanwhile nearly 20 Mississauga bus routes take up over half of the passenger loading platforms at Islington. Couldn't the TTC move its ticket booths further inside to accomodate?

May 14, 2011 @ 12:20 PM

Pat MaGroin

Boycott ALL ESSO gas stations next weekend (long weekend) and watch as prices go down !!

May 14, 2011 @ 12:26 PM

Cheryl

Well, I figured that survey out. I didn't check a box in the beginning, but checked it this time and got it to work without the drag and drop thing.

May 14, 2011 @ 2:06 PM

elvis

@Pat - if you want gas prices to go down, get massive amount of people to sell their cars. A one day or one weekend boycott won't do anything - you still need to buy the gas - you'll just do it on the Monday or Tuesday!

May 14, 2011 @ 3:17 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Last week Air Canada lost my luggage on a trip to Newfoundland due to a 3 hour delay in TO (mechanical issues which seems pretty common lately) we just made the connection in Halifax and arrived at 2:30am! No luggage, AC promised it would arrive first flight at 12:15pm Monday and would be given Priority, show up at 12 no luggage. Tell me it's in the system and scheduled to come sometime Monday (either 5PM or 12 midnight). Now I'm told it's at the whim of the baggage handlers when it gets loaded.
I ask can't you just call and get someone to physically prod them to get it on, tell me they can only look it up on the system, can't talk to a human. What BS, considering the cost to fly return is almost as much as an all inclusive week in Jamaica, they have to step it up in the customer relations. Lost a whole days work, and since it was only a 15 hour delay, was offered $50.00 comp. Asked if they want to split the cost of a return ticket as I need to return next month to complete the scheduled days work I lost, I think they must have broke out into peels of laughter after I hung up.

Birdman, that is a cool series of photos, always neat to see nature in action

May 15, 2011 @ 7:01 AM

Rob

Wouldn't a gas boy-cott work if you just stopped buying gas at one name-brand station (Esso, Petro, Can Tire...)
It would be effective if...
1) everyone, I mean everyone did it.
2) you didn't go back the first day they lowered their prices by 5 cents
3) you didn't go 'just this one time' because it was more convenient.
I'm willing to give up Esso for the rest of the month if everyone else can get on board.

May 15, 2011 @ 5:02 PM

Ajax Mike

Nope, still doesn't work Rob. Read the Snopes article I posted above. The only ones it hurts is the owner/operators of the gas stations. Esso Inc would just sell their oil to other distributors, where the demand is higher.

May 15, 2011 @ 8:33 PM

Jill

Birdman.....Your photos are wonderful.

May 17, 2011 @ 1:56 AM