Rapture Party at My House

bibleI hear there's a Rapture scheduled for May 21, 2011. Christian radio host Harold Camping says May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment "beyond the shadow of a doubt". Who am I to argue with Harold Camping?

If this Saturday is the Rapture, and only 200 million people will be raptured, I'm betting I'll be left behind. That's going to suck five months from now when the world ends.

I-must-go-my-hipster-planet-needs-me

I have two questions for everybody: Is there a Rapture this Saturday and are you one of God's elect people?

Bryan

The Rapture draft 5th.

May 18, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

elvis

I've very excited for the Rapture. It's going to be great.

May 18, 2011 @ 7:35 PM

headsup

As a person of faith, I say the rapture isn't happening this Saturday - no one knows when it will happen, so I suppose Saturday is as good a day as any, but since its being trumpeted with great hysteria, I'll say its not going to happen. Furthermore, if a person is able to point a finger to oneself saying that they are "in" and then point to others to say that they are "out", I might be so bold to say that the pointer is in all likelihood "out." I'm not trying to start a theological debate or a war of words about religion, I am merely sharing my opinion.

May 18, 2011 @ 7:47 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Osama has had his Rapture moment.

May 18, 2011 @ 8:08 PM

elvis

My opinion is there is not such thing as being "in" or "out" re: the Rapture because I don't believe in ghosts.

May 18, 2011 @ 8:31 PM

CQ

I've already watched another man die. Six billion more? Elect someone else, please.

May 18, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

David

I don't know about Saturday, but there's gonna be one in Portugal on July 6.

Blondie are playing a festival in Lisbon that night.

May 18, 2011 @ 9:34 PM

Gump

I still laugh at the "rapture" that was in Six Feet Under. That one occurred when some blow up dolls got loose and started floating up through the sky and the religious freak woman thought it was time and ran into traffic and ... died. Hilarious!

May 18, 2011 @ 10:35 PM

Jacob

Damn, and here I thought The Rapture was playing.

May 18, 2011 @ 10:46 PM

Ryan G

well at least the fire and brimstone will warm this effin city up so we can have a decent summer.

May 19, 2011 @ 6:58 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

So if it is, lets just say for arguments sake that the Rapture is on Saturday, If I don't believe in it does that mean my life goes on while all the believers go their merry way with JC to some cloud? OR, do I go to a firey pit for not believing with all the other atheists, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, scientologists, Mormons and every other belief or non belief out there that doesnt believe in what christians believe in? just wondering because I want to know if I should pack a suitcase, need to know how to dress on Saturday....do they have Direct TV in hell? I want to keep up with the Jays. ......could they wait another year? or two? I mean the Terry Pegula era just started I want to see if he throws a boat load of money at Brad Richards and the Sabres win the Stanley cup next year.....so many questions about this rapture thing.

May 19, 2011 @ 8:05 AM

GC

Whats a 'God'?

May 19, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

Cheryl

I don't believe any of it. It's a bunch of hogwash. That's what it is. I'm not going to die tomorrow and nobody else will.

May 20, 2011 @ 4:57 PM

Janie

Quote headsup

"Furthermore, if a person is able to point a finger to oneself saying that they are "in" and then point to others to say that they are "out", I might be so bold to say that the pointer is in all likelihood "out."

You are pointing at the pointers so you must be out too :)

As for me I don't care which way I go, my dust wont care.

May 21, 2011 @ 4:58 PM