Rainy Weekend Open Mike

microphoneIt's a rainy weekend here in the big smoke, and the weather is screaming for an Open Mike.

Use the comments of this entry to discuss anything you want. Get something off your chest, start a debate, or simply rant away.

Sammi

A few months of Rob Ford as mayor has really shown how bad Miller was.

March 5, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

I'm reserving judgement on Ford Nation until his first year is done.

March 5, 2011 @ 2:51 PM

Stephanie

I cannot stand the Scholl's Skin Tag remover commercial.

March 5, 2011 @ 2:53 PM

@Stephanie

I agree. It's an awful ad.

March 5, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

Coach

Do us a favor in Calgary and beat the BlackHawks tonight wouldya?!

March 5, 2011 @ 3:17 PM

Stephanie

Toronto is playing Blackhawks. Supposed to be at the game but my son has his own playoff game.. Damn..

March 5, 2011 @ 3:25 PM

Sam In Scarbrough

Can't wait for the return of CITY Weekend news tonight & tomorrow.For the last 12 months rogers (aka Robbers) has decided that the largest city In Canada and the 5 th largest city in North America did not need weekend news..NOW they bring it back with Non-Paid intern reporters and camera persons...Should be good comedy!

March 5, 2011 @ 3:30 PM

Lori

Skin Tag commercial is horrible but what about Whoppie and the Poise commercial!

March 5, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

Cheryl

Grocery Gateway really pissed me off. I had my delivery on Wednesday, but a few things were missing. I got told they would be redelivered yesterday. Well, nobody showed up. They didn't have the courtesy to phone me or anything. I phoned them. All I got told was the driver has issues or something. I don't know what. I was given the run around and won't get the rest of my stuff. I have to use them because I need to get my stuff delivered, but if I didn't need it delivered, I wouldn't have anything to do with them. I'm blind so need my stuff delivered.

March 5, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

Petti

Mike,

Thank you for tweeting about the return of the shamrock shakes this week, my favourite shakes of all time.

March 5, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

Stephanie

@Cheryl, I think Grocery Gateway's 15 minutes of fame were up about 10 years ago... too bad they've let you (and others) down with their original promise and premise... Check with a local store (Sobey's or Metro) and see if you could have a personal shopper deliver for you.

March 5, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

Freddie P.

@Mike
I notice a lot of Ford critics are backing off, 'cause just like Mr. Harper he's doing a good job.

March 5, 2011 @ 4:32 PM

Andrew

@ Freddy P..
Speaking of Harper, he's been in London, ON all afternoon at The Brier hand shaking and baby kissing. I can only imagine what stress the man is under on a daily basis... he looked very tired.

At least the curling was good!

March 5, 2011 @ 6:41 PM

Ajax Mike

As long as he's not hand kissing and baby shaking...

March 5, 2011 @ 7:42 PM

Pat

@AjaxMike.

THAT'S at Budget time.

March 5, 2011 @ 8:16 PM

Cheryl

I tried calling around. The grocery store chains don't have shoppers who deliver. Grocery Gateway is the only way to go, and they can give me the run around. If things are out of stock, I have no way of knowing until my order comes. Believe me it sucks.

March 6, 2011 @ 8:03 AM

Ryan G

saw a homeless guy on the street, asking for money. a minute later he pulls out a pack of smokes. a minute after that he pulls out a cell phone to call someone.

wtf?

March 6, 2011 @ 8:31 AM

Il Duce

@Ryan G

It was a former employee of the TCHC. Old habits die hard, 'beg for more money, crying poor' while not really the case.

March 6, 2011 @ 8:54 AM

Il Duce

@T.O. Mike

You can now change it to Snowy Weekend Open Mike.

March 6, 2011 @ 8:56 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Why is flying within this country so damn expensive. Just booked a round trip to St. Johns Nfld and with taxes etc. $789.02, and that is cheapo Tango. Westjet and Air Canada must be in cahoots as their fares were almost identical for the same flights.
Went to Jamaica at Christmas all inclusive for a little over $1200.00. Must have drank a $1000 worth of booze and $500 worth of food. Wish I could get my business trips to Jamaica instead of the Rock.

Cheryl, sorry to hear of your problems with grocery Gateway. My son use to work at Longos out here and they filled the orders for the trucks, maybe call your local Longos if one is near you, and speak to the manager, might bypass all the CSR's of Grocery Gateway.

March 6, 2011 @ 9:56 PM

Hector

Mike...STOP BLOGGING ABOUT THE LEAFS!

March 7, 2011 @ 10:17 AM