Weekend Open Mike

microphoneIt's Friday, and you know what that means...

Use the comments of this entry to discuss anything you want. Get something off your chest, start a debate, or simply rant away.

Cheryl

The game last night sucked. The Leafs won so that's why it sucked. The Habs should have started the game with Carey Price. They probably would have won if they did that. Anyway, the Suns will beat the Raptors tonight. That will be good.

February 25, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

Elba

I hope my son wins his playoff hockey game tomorrow against the sharks. Go Kings go!

February 25, 2011 @ 5:08 PM

Liz

I want one-track Cheryl to go away.

By any chance, do you have anything else AT ALL to offer the world, Cheryl? Other than tripe on your fucking Habs?

I need to know.

February 25, 2011 @ 5:46 PM

elvis

She also like the Suns Liz. Geez.

February 25, 2011 @ 5:46 PM

Ryan G

I like eggs. I like all kinds of eggs. I like wood. i like all kinds of wood. I like cherry wood, mahogany and teak. and, it puts the lotion in the basket. finally, did weez walk or did weez flew?

February 25, 2011 @ 6:34 PM

Argie

Liz,

You're forgetting her undying love for George Smother-man.

Oh and Elba, thanks for posting the runner up in the category of "the who effing cares post" .

February 25, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

dale

Cheryl - Do you know who the Rocket, Pocket Rocket & the Flower are???
How about Toe Blake or Scotty Bowman. I don't think so.

Les Habs still would have lost last night as Carey let in a couple of goals also.

The best Goalie in NHL now is James Reimer - hands down the last 3 weeks & counting to the promised land - the playoffs.

OLE OLE

February 25, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

J9

I think I like Open Mike the best...

February 25, 2011 @ 7:56 PM

VegasGeoff

It amazes me how easily you all are trolled by Cheryl.

February 25, 2011 @ 8:59 PM

VegasGeoff

It amazes me how easily you all are trolled by Cheryl.

February 25, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Andrew

I'm stuck in Charlottetown, PEI because Air Canada can't get an F N plane to land in a bit of snow....

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be outta here.

February 25, 2011 @ 9:50 PM

Lori

Diner, Drive Ins and Dives......has Guy ever not liked something?

February 25, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

Anonymous

@Cheryl

How old are you?

February 26, 2011 @ 12:30 AM

Sammi

I looked at Freddie's chart. It is interesting that with higher education the support for Conservatives goes down.

On another note...I went to the Raptor game last night. I think it's time for a new coach.

February 26, 2011 @ 6:09 AM

Cheryl

My Suns won last night. That was a great game. Vince Carter still has his stuff. I just caught a cold though. I hate colds. They're awful. I get my flu shot every year unlike some people. Wish there was a cold shot as well.

February 26, 2011 @ 7:55 AM

Ryan G

ok my real post.

is it bad form to not flush a urinal?

i walked into a bathroom at work the other day and dude was just leaving the urinal and proceeding to wash his hands.

i walk up to said urinal and notice a fresh bowl of piss.

hooray for me!

is there one of those automatic flush sensor thingy's? no there isn't.

is there a button that one can use YOUR ELBOW to flush (if you didn't want to touch it for obvious reasons). why yes! yes there is!

so, i will gladly give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt this time, but upon our next meeting and the same thing occurs once again, here's how it will go as i approach the urinal:

"oh..oh! gee look at this, how nice! wow what a surprise! um, excuse me..sir? sir? yes, hi, yes, hi..um..well, may i be so bold as to ask..is this here piss in this here bowl yours?

oh it is! oh great! well then, um, i just wanted to enquire if i may do so..would it be at all possible, given the ideal circumstances and all, you know..if you've got time to do so..um, well, i was wondering if you'd flush the fucking urinal you dirty son of a bitch. yea, that's right. you. you're a dirty son of a bitch. don't care about your expensive suit. it, by extension, is also a dirty son of a bitch. oh, you're a VP at this company? oh, that's right that's right, you're VP of dirty sons of bitches!

good day sir. good day.

February 26, 2011 @ 8:10 AM

Freddie P.

@Sammi

Of course you over-look the fact that blue collar people are coming over to the Conserviatives big time.
Maybe because Mr. Harper has done a good job for them.

February 26, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

Freddie P.

If you vote McGuinty, you're either stupid or selfish.

February 26, 2011 @ 10:04 AM

James Hamilton

I am really liking the funny names that a few people use (my current fav is Cynthia Spreadbottom) - keep up the good work.

PS What is your blog @ryan g, cuz you have some good stuff?

February 26, 2011 @ 10:14 AM

Gta Rob

@Ryan: great rant. Feel your pain though it's not limited to just VPs. The common man can't flush the f'n john too. Nothing worse than the smell of stale pee.

February 26, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

Ryan G

thanks GTA and James.

i've got one of those old-timey blog sites because i'm too lazy to do it properly like toronto mike and freddie p.

in fact i completely forgot the password for the first version of the blog, which i called "houseofryan" so i had to create a new one and bastardize the name to sound similar, and add an "s". now it just sounds kinda stupid, but whatevs.

but feel free to drop by.

i'm at housesofryan.blogspot.com

cheers
r

February 26, 2011 @ 12:47 PM

Brother Ryan

Seriously Mike, block Cheryl today. Or at least let your loyal fans vote on it.....

It's not to insult her or hurt her in anyway, but it is to silence the ignorant comments that rarely relate to your blog.

For example, I can see you blogging about a comet that is going to hit the earth and kill mankind. And I can see Cheryl posting that her habs will win the night before the world ends, and asking "what is a comet?"

PUT IT TO A VOTE!!!!!

Liz, help me to make this happen!! LOL

February 26, 2011 @ 12:59 PM

dale

I agree Ryan.

Cheryl- you can get cold shots as they sell them in 6 packs at LCBO. They work.

February 26, 2011 @ 1:08 PM

Ryan G

i actually don't mind Cheryl's posts.

it's sorta like when i'm walking along queen st and i see a hobo screaming at invisible things. a lot of people are afraid of those guys, but i love that shit. in fact, sometimes i'll follow a crazy screaming hobo, you know, to see what wacky adventures he'll get into.

good times my friends. good times

February 26, 2011 @ 1:34 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I'm with Ryan G on Cheryl, a great side show. Freddie P is right on the Conservatives, even the Toronto Star seemed to admit the same in todays paper

February 26, 2011 @ 1:59 PM

Elba

@Argie, you're quite welcome. Oh, and my son's team lost this morning. Boo.

February 26, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

Cheryl

I wasn't talking about beer, but talking about a vaccine you can get to prevent colds. I only had this one for a day, but I'm sick of it, that's for sure.

February 26, 2011 @ 3:29 PM

Cynthia Spreadbottom

@James Hamilton...Why thank you!!

February 26, 2011 @ 8:44 PM

Andrew

Finally got off the damn island. I am home.

Bloody Air Canada

February 26, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

Cheryl

My Habs won last night. The Leafs lost. That's great. Just wish this stupid cold would go away. Someone should invent a cold vaccine.

February 27, 2011 @ 8:24 AM

@Cheryl

I'm actually glad your Habs won last night. I was rooting for them.

True story.

February 27, 2011 @ 8:27 AM

Liz

Oh Brother Ryan,

Would that we could. Getting rid of the one-track scourge that is the C-word would be a relief. Imagine getting stuck next to this broad at a dinner party? Punishment personified.

Thanks Argie for reminding me about the C-word's political bent (pun kind of intended). Helps to frame her emptiness.

I think the C-word believes she's on that island with Charlie Sheen. But at least he has verbal acuity.

Mike's brother Ryan, use your powers buddy!

February 27, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

Cheryl

Good. Glad you were cheering for my Habs. Oh, my Suns just won today as well. Things are looking good.

February 27, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

VegasGeoff

The torontomike curse lives! Mike, you are forbidden from even mentioning the Leafs on your blog for the rest of the season

February 27, 2011 @ 7:45 PM

@VegasGeoff

I'd argue my entry got us 2 of a possible 4 points!

February 27, 2011 @ 8:02 PM

Hector

I would argue that you cost us 2 of 4 points. Stop blogging.

February 28, 2011 @ 9:13 AM

Hector

When I say stop blogging...I mean about the Leafs.

February 28, 2011 @ 9:14 AM