The White Stripes Break Up

musicThe White Stripes have officially broken up. Their site is down right now, but earlier it contained this paragraph about their breakup.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health. It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way.

Back in 2007, I proclaimed The White Stripes the best band from the previous ten years. I stand by that statement.

Fantastic band... (even if you argue they're less of a band and more of a Jack White).

Another Mike

I can't say I'm happy to see the end, but I commend them for going out on a high note, so to speak.

I've been a huge fan since I first heard them in The White Blood Cells days and been a fan ever since.

If you haven't seen It Might Get Loud and you consider yourself a fan of Jack White, I'd recommend watching it.

February 2, 2011 @ 6:43 PM

Jill

I think he outgrew the White Stripes. I love the Dead Weather and I am looking forward to any other future projects he is involved in.
As long as Jack White still graces us with his awesomeness I'm cool with that.

February 2, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

James

I'm going to miss them. All their cd's since white blood cells are still regulars in the car . I also never did get to see them which sucks .

February 2, 2011 @ 7:30 PM

James

February 2, 2011 @ 7:30 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Loved the music also, but kudos for taking the gamble and touring the extreme North.

February 2, 2011 @ 11:01 PM

Rob

I saw them once (at the JLC in London in 07).
It was absolutley fabulous. They were one of the best live acts I ever saw.
Its hard to be too angry...I guess going out on a high note is better than the Rolling Stone 50 year approach.

February 3, 2011 @ 8:09 PM

Wayner

was it ever confirmed if they were brother & sister; husband & wife or boyfriend & girlfriend?

February 7, 2011 @ 11:29 PM

They were husband and wife, but divorced.

February 7, 2011 @ 11:31 PM