Weekend Open Mike

microphoneLet's try this again...

Use the comments of this entry to discuss anything you want. Get something off your chest, start a debate, or simply rant away.

Rob

@Mike,
Is there any chance that H&F will be doing a Christmas Podcast this year?

November 19, 2010 @ 12:55 PM

Warren Down

CP24 news is just AWFUL...
It is unwatchable ...
Anchors doing interviews just ask a question..don't listen to answer at all and just read the next question that was written for them..
ANN R is the worst...
Cable 10 is more professional..
Am I the only one that sees this??

November 19, 2010 @ 2:11 PM

Pat MaGroin

Rogers (aka ROBBERS)
Don't tell me It can't be true???The federal Competition Bureau is seeking to impose a $10-million penalty on Rogers Communications Inc. (RCI.B-T37.160.060.16%) for “misleading advertising” that criticized the wireless networks of new competitors such as Wind Mobile.

Rogers was slapped with the highest charge possible after the Competition Bureau’s two-month investigation into claims Rogers began making in late July, which the agency said were damaging the prospects of new wireless companies licensed by the government and were misleading Canadian consumers.

November 19, 2010 @ 2:22 PM

_Justink

@Warren what's worse is that they're simulcasting it all on 1050. Listening to CP24 radio, it's honestly the worst "radio station" I've ever listened to. Numerous times I've heard "as we can see here" or "as you can tell by the photo on the screen," and other stuff like that.

It's very sad that an iconic number on the Toronto radio dial, 1050, is subject to complete fallacious crap like CP24 radio. That failed experiment needs to end, SOON.

November 19, 2010 @ 2:57 PM

Ed

... now/then radio best, top three, be honest and careful!!!!

November 19, 2010 @ 2:59 PM

The_Voice

Girl Talk.. ALL DAY. 'nuff said.

November 19, 2010 @ 3:26 PM

Freddie P.

Humble and Fred's Gift of Christmas 2010 is scheduled to be recorded on December 11.

November 19, 2010 @ 3:33 PM

NMB Ryan

@Warren , re: cable 10..thanks! we agree!

November 19, 2010 @ 4:35 PM

NMB Ryan

If there's one thing that makes me stabby, it's people at my work cafeteria who hold up the effin line by using their effin interac card for a $1.69 purchase.

first. i find it odd that a person can't scratch up a few coins to get a coffee. but ok. times are tough maybe. whatever. but what's worse is that right outside the cafeteria there's a BANK machine..i know it depends on the type of account, but it makes more sense to withdraw 20bucks and buy a coffee, instead of getting ding'd by the service charge from the interac at the cash register. at least with the atm you have leftover cash so that at lunch you can buy a pop instead of holding up the effin line one more time with your effin interac purchase!!

November 19, 2010 @ 4:43 PM

Cheryl

My habs lost last night. This sucks. It was awful getting shut out 3 to 0. The Leafs are winning again. This is no good. Also my Phoenix Suns lost two basketball games in a row. no good at all.

November 19, 2010 @ 5:08 PM

brian

20 years have passed since the lowest of the low released "shakespeare, my butt". can you hear that? are you humming? I can still remember when they came to buffalo the first time. knew a couple songs, but was blown away by the band. they are celebrating by releasing a remastered cd and playing lee's palace december 3 & 4. Have fun if you've scored tix. wish i could make it. in my opinion, there was no better music than candadian alterntive in the mid 90's.

November 19, 2010 @ 5:23 PM

andrew

I know Burke & Wilson are good friends but there comes a point for progressing forward each yr. Overall the Leafs are not any better than last year at this time. They have more points only because they started great. They win 2 games in a row against crap teams & "things are looking up??".

Wilson has to go before too much damage is done but Burke won't pull the trigger because of friendships. Is the gun even loaded?? How much longer can this go on? Players have given up on playing for Wilson. Another year another of futility.

November 19, 2010 @ 5:59 PM

Army

@ Sheryll (Shirley???....surely NOT!)

What else is new? Duh. What a pathetic life you must live. Condolences.

November 19, 2010 @ 7:14 PM

Ryan P

RIP Pat Burns...bummer

November 19, 2010 @ 7:17 PM

dale

Pat Burns RIP. You fought a hard battle & challenged to the end. You never gave up just like your hockey teams. The only coach to win Coach of Year Award with 3 different teams & win a Stanley Cup.
Why aren't you in the Hall of Fame now??

November 19, 2010 @ 7:21 PM

Cheryl

Well, the Habs will beat the Leafs tomorrow. Hopefully they will recover from the loss to Nashville. They better.

November 19, 2010 @ 7:26 PM

dale

Cheryl:
You have nothing else to say about the Habs? One of their best coaches ever just passed away.
How loyal are you?

November 19, 2010 @ 7:50 PM

Army

@ dale:

You must remember that Sherryll has a petite tete.

November 19, 2010 @ 9:46 PM

kyle

Burns put up such a good battle. Fitting (?) that it's a Habs-Leafs weekend. Got to watch HNIC from the start tomorrow night

November 19, 2010 @ 10:23 PM

Cheryl

Say all you want about me. Why should I care. My Suns will win tonight as well I hope.

November 20, 2010 @ 8:12 AM

Alan G

The overnight "comedy" program on 1010 is putrid. I thought only music stations have a limited playlist. Overnight radio sucks. Ever since Joey Reynolds was taken off the air there is nothing left worth listening to. I'm tired of Coast to Coast, though I guess its next topic could be, "overnight radio sucked into a black hole".

November 20, 2010 @ 10:56 AM

Cheryl

That's why I don't listen to the radio much, just the Habs and Coyotes broadcasts I get on the net.

November 20, 2010 @ 2:31 PM

andrew

The SUNS never shine in Toronto with the Leafs.

November 20, 2010 @ 3:23 PM

kyle

the SUNS only shine on TV...

November 20, 2010 @ 7:57 PM

Cheryl

How about those Habs last night shutting out the Leafs 2 to 0. That was wonderful. I told you the Habs are the best. They're winning the cup in 2011. I love the Ole Ole thing. It's great. My Suns did lose though to Charlotte. That was no good.

November 21, 2010 @ 8:19 AM