The Beatles on iTunes: We Know You Didn't Wait

itunesIn case you didn't know yet, Apple announced a deal with representatives of the Beatles and the group's record label, EMI Group, to put the entire catalog of Beatles music in the iTunes Store.

That's nice. The Beatles were, obviously, the biggest holdouts and now apple has them. Apple's going to make a lot of noise about this over the next couple of months...

b31

Of course, I have to ask the obvious question here... There's no way anybody was waiting for this news before adding The Beatles to their iPods. I know you didn't wait. I didn't wait.

I'm betting you ripped your Beatles CDs to MP3 years ago and have been enjoying digital Beatles ever since. So if we didn't wait, why would there be a mad rush to buy The Beatles on iTunes now?

elvis

AC/DC is the next biggest hold out.

November 16, 2010 @ 3:16 PM

Mike from Lowville

I converted my LP's to Mp3's a long time ago.

November 16, 2010 @ 5:51 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Mike, thats a good point, though, as a casual beatles fan who has a few greatest hits volumes and not much else, now I can pick through the catalogue at my leisure and pick what I want, that is one thing I like about Itunes

November 16, 2010 @ 8:26 PM

Raptors Devotee

I have tons of Beatles bootlegs I bought in Montreal, all CD's, back in the 1980's, all at Rock on Stock record store on Crescent Street. The labels were "The Swinging Pigs" and "Ultra Rare Trax".

The sound quality was better than any albums the boys produced on a lot of the tracks. You get to hear the banter between the boys and George Martin, all classic stuff. They cost me $50 each, a small fortune back then, but well worth it for how many times I have listened to them. This was before you were able to copy the CD's.

My favourite was when Lennon did a track of Norwegian Wood and at the end said "Showed Ya" in a way that obviously he had been challenged before that he wasn't cutting it in that moment.

I have everything they produced, so have no need for I-Tunes downloads, but am happy to see that a lot of younger people will now have the chance to listen to the best music ever produced, and music that will stand the test of time centuries after we are gone.

November 16, 2010 @ 10:51 PM

Gump

iTunes Hold-outs:
Prince, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Garth Brooks, Kid Rock, The Smiths, Tool, Def Leppard, Bob Seger, Black Sabbath, Frank Zappa.
Plus that 1st Monks album!

November 16, 2010 @ 10:56 PM

Irvine

Let them hold out..they're simply losing a revenue stream. iTunes is the largest music retailer in North America.

As for the Beatles on iTunes, I had to laugh. That's the major announcement? *Yawn*. For the most part, anyone under 40 really doesn't give a shit. Those that do already pirated the music anyway.

November 16, 2010 @ 11:25 PM

Atlanta Painters HQ

Wow, Thank god the Beatles are on iTunes now so I can finally listen to their music /s

Seriously Apple, this is a day we will never forget? Like nobody has beatles mp3s? I guess I can delete my Flac discography and redownload them from itunes for $1.29 a piece.

November 17, 2010 @ 3:23 AM

Mike from Lowville

@ BB Mike. Am I banned on your Blog? The last 4 posts have not posted. In fact nothing in the last 4 months!

November 17, 2010 @ 8:01 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

@Mike, I don't think so Ill have to check when I get time later...

November 18, 2010 @ 8:05 AM

Roshan

I don't know what the big deal is that they finally got on iTunes. If you were a Beatles fan you either already had their songs on CD or you would have gotten them through various Torrent sites. Why wait for iTunes?

November 19, 2010 @ 9:06 PM