Redesigning Old Floats To Make 'Em New

santaThe Toronto Santa Claus Parade needs to mix things up year after year, to ensure they don't rerun the same parade. Often, they'll simply redesign an existing float.

For example, here's the Yahoo! float that was in the parade the last few years. As you'd expect from Yahoo!, it's a young girl on her laptop.

2009 Santa Claus Parade

Now that it's a Duracell float, that same girl is gently fondling batteries and playing with battery-operated toys.

2010 Santa Claus Parade

Il Duce

I think your being a little too picky. But if you're really concerned call your newly elected Mayor, Rob Ford. I'm sure he'll help you out.

November 23, 2010 @ 8:49 AM

Icarus

who cares?

November 23, 2010 @ 9:00 AM

Ray

I don't Mike was being 'picky'. I didn't read any opinion into this at all. He was just pointing out something that I thought was interesting, so yes, I guess I care.

November 23, 2010 @ 9:05 AM

Ray

...and, I can't understand why people who 'don't care' actually do care enough to post a useless comment. Do you just want the attention?

November 23, 2010 @ 9:07 AM

Il Duce

Sorry, it is being picky. Although the premise of the float is similar, colours and theme are different.

I think we're losing perspective here and if you're not sure ask yourself one question. Would a majority of children aged between 3-11 years old really notice if the float is similar? Call me crazy but I think the Santa Claus Parade is geared for that age bracket and not some 40 year old geek!

November 23, 2010 @ 10:11 AM

Il Duce, you SOB...

I just found it interesting, and thought I'd share. I wasn't being picky at all.

I'm okay with reusing... it's environmentally sensible ya prick.

November 23, 2010 @ 11:56 AM

Il Duce

Mike, why get so personal. What's with the foul language, you kiss your mother with that mouth?

November 23, 2010 @ 12:33 PM

NMB Ryan

I see the spirit of Christmas cheer is in full effect.

First, it's an argument on torontomike.com about floats. Next, i wouldn't be surprised if North Koreans start lobbing missiles at their Southern neighbours...

November 23, 2010 @ 1:55 PM

Hector

Merry Christmas!

November 23, 2010 @ 3:57 PM

That's it... I'm cancelling Christmas.

November 23, 2010 @ 5:15 PM

andrew

Happy Hanuka Mike??

Take your lights down & don't put up a tree.

Instead of canceling XMAS cancel Il Duce, seems like he/she has a burr up his @$$.

November 23, 2010 @ 7:59 PM

4x4 Time

On another thought, do people still pay outrageous prices for Duracell batteries when there are far more cheaper and just as good brands avaialble?

November 24, 2010 @ 8:00 AM

NMB Ryan

@4x4 - i just bought a "Forte" brand 24 pack of AA batteries for $6 from shoppers.

Going by the price and brand name I'm guessing they'll last about "forte seconds" but they were SIX BUCKS! When using them for tv remotes and stuff that's fine (although i'm using these for this cool remote control helicopter i just bought from future shop.)

November 24, 2010 @ 10:52 AM

Ryan

This is my chance to stick up for my Big Brother. Hmmmm.......

@ Il Duce. YOU ARE A POO POO HEAD!!

Well done Ryan, well done....

November 25, 2010 @ 7:18 PM