Driscoll Middle School Trick Play

driscollDriscoll Middle School in Corpus Christi, Texas ran this trick play during their championship game against Wynn Seale on Saturday.

They're calling this a really slow quarterback sneak.

I don't care if it's legal, it's unsportsmanlike. I'd have refused to participate.

Rob

Its certainly unique, but total BS. What if it was a legit conversation with the ref, the kid started walking, and one of the defenders nailed him. It would be a serious issue and a major penalty.
I hope they lost the game.

November 9, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

I believe the game ended in a 6-6 tie, but Wynn Seale won the championship with a better head-to-head record.

November 9, 2010 @ 10:26 PM

Pat MaGroin

It is U.S. High school football,you do anything and everything to WIN !!

November 9, 2010 @ 11:24 PM

Lorne

Reminds me of one of those believe-it-or-not type facts I read far too long ago. Some football team had footballs embroidered on their shirts, and ran around with their arms cradled at their chest. In the heat of the moment, the opposing team couldn't tell who actually had the ball.

That, or the roundhouse kick form Necessary Roughness

November 9, 2010 @ 11:24 PM

NMB Ryan

You're right Mike.

Very unsportsmanlike.

Just watching that made me want to go to the US and sneak on to the team that plays that cheap ass bullshit squad next.

I'd channel Forrest Whittaker from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and pummel that opposing QB until he was dead. (ok not dead, but paralyzed...ok not paralyzed but at least one broken bone...ok not one broken bone, two broken bones).

Seriously. There's trick plays, and there's bullshit.

November 10, 2010 @ 7:46 AM

Wayner

Its all about paying attention and knowing the rules...they were caught sleeping

November 10, 2010 @ 1:21 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

please, unsportsmanlike, whatever, it was genius is what it was, it worked, if he said hike who give a crap the defense should ahve tackled him.

November 10, 2010 @ 8:54 PM