Grapes Of Wrath - All The Things I Wasn't MP3

MP3I share an MP3 from my collection every Wednesday. You have seven days to grab this week's MP3. Please right-click your mouse and select "Save Link As..." or "Save target as..." so you can download it to your PC before playing.

play Grapes Of Wrath - All The Things I Wasn't
It's hard to believe Kelowna's Grapes of Wrath released the most excellent "All The Things I Wasn't" over 20 years ago.

It still holds up.

GTA Rob

Such a great band with some awesome songs.... :)

"What Was Going Through My Head"

June 16, 2010 @ 5:05 PM

Andrew

This was a fantastic album... still in my top ten (not sure what that says, but Shakespere My Butt is #1).

This was a great time for Canadian music - lots of solid bands and I think the best example of that was the 1990 CFNY Canada Day picnin in Barrie.

Here's the lineup for those thing might forget:

The Tragically Hip
The Northern Pikes
54-40
The Pursuit of Happiness
National Velvet
The Satellites
The Box
Crash Vegas
The Skydiggers
The Grapes of Wrath
Lava Hay

The funny thing was The Box were the headliners that year and when Gord Downie's boots finally were extinguished at the end of their set, 3/4 of the audience left.

Some great Canadian albums came out of that time period between 86 and 92.

Cheers,

Andrew

June 16, 2010 @ 7:14 PM

Andrew

Great list Mike!

I loved Gordon, but the yellow cassette will always have a special place in my heart.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes in my post above... I just re-read it and cringed!

Listening to The Grapes' "These Days". Great album.

Cheers,
Andrew

June 16, 2010 @ 8:31 PM

Mike from Lowville

Hey Mike! Glad to see your still posting your collection. Been over a month of Wednesdays since the last one. I've tried some subtle hints to no aval.....

June 17, 2010 @ 7:13 AM

Mike from Lowville

June 17, 2010 @ 7:15 AM

LEW

I can't wait to see them at the Surrey Fusion Festival next month!

June 17, 2010 @ 9:25 AM

LEW

I can't wait to see them at the Surrey Fusion Festival next month!

June 17, 2010 @ 9:27 AM