Fadoo.ca Has Been Closed

emailBob McCown from The FAN 590 started a web site called Fadoo.ca. I used to subscribe to the RSS feed, but unsubscribed because it wasn't being updated very often and the content quality noticeably dropped.

I got an email from Bill the other day about Fadoo.ca.

Mike, just curious:

What the fadoo happened to www.fadoo.ca? It was in sad shape, no updating etc. for some time. Did Bobcat just pack it in or pressure from FAN 590? (Rogers wouldn't pressure an employee though!)

I just visited Fadoo.ca and found one line of copy: "Fadoo.ca has been closed." It's completely gone, with just Google's cache left behind.

fadoo

I don't know why Fadoo.ca bit the dust, but my spidey senses are tingling. Did Rogers put pressure on Bob McCown to shut 'er down?

andrew

Changes in the wind? Listening to Bob today he was very subdued. His shtick may be done?

June 14, 2010 @ 6:44 PM

James

I have trouble imagining they'd mess around too much with McCown. He's pretty much the only reason to listen to the station anymore, and he still brings in big numbers, I think.

June 14, 2010 @ 7:10 PM

James

According to Truth and Rumors, McCown lost interest. (Also, interesting article about Strombo possibly joining The Fan):

June 14, 2010 @ 7:37 PM

Chris

Bob knows how to use the internet? This is stunning.

June 14, 2010 @ 8:40 PM

Hector

I heard Mike Wilner on the Fan on Monday morning being interviewed by Landry and Stellick.....talk about SAFE responses. The Fan is losing credibility in my books, especially after they gave Wilner a 3 day detention. That was a horrible move.

June 15, 2010 @ 9:02 AM

Snidely Whiplash

As a regular fadoo reader and commentor, it was indeed sadly ignored these past few months, and no updates and no info into wtf was going on either. Disappointed really, in Bobcat for the total silence on the issue (not his style) and also in Rogers for another great pr gaffe(totally their style). Class in ANY occupation or field in this city is getting harder to find every day. Or is it really not just class but real "professionalism" that has gone by the wayside?

June 15, 2010 @ 9:50 AM

YoYo

Rogers needs to be taken down a notch. Everthing from CITY-TV to the Fan, Rogers has & is ruining everthing that was great.

Ted Rogers, didn't know him, but this generation is certainly NOT like him.

Just like Tim Hortons, I avoid everything & anything that has Rogers in the name.

June 15, 2010 @ 3:34 PM

YoYo

Ted Rogers, didn't know him, but this generation is certainly NOT like him.

June 15, 2010 @ 3:34 PM

A.R.

Rogers just makes everything blander.

June 15, 2010 @ 5:57 PM

G. Valentino

Well, I'd say that CITY TV and most City Properties always felt like amateur hour. A well meaning amateur hour, mind you. Not much has changed there.

McCown had mentioned in the past that he was prohibited from mentioning Fadoo on the air, but had started to sneak it in. I wonder if the lack of interest stemmed from the inability to really talk about it.

Mind you, I can't say too much about it: While I don't always agree with McCown I always used to admire his passion and his ability to make me consider my own views. But since NHL Lapdog/Hockey Apologist/Ignorant about most sports John Shannon has joined the team, and McCown's total sell-out at the Olympics, I only listen to the roundtable on Friday.

June 16, 2010 @ 8:08 AM

Bill Armstrong

Mike,

Interesting that I got through to PTS on Monday. Explained I would like to ask about fadoo and was put on hold. Bob cued me up as #2 before a break, but after 20 minutes or so of being ignored, I hung up. Obviously he had not inclination to talk about it. Interesting.

June 16, 2010 @ 4:51 PM

YukonSloMo

I left Fadoo as a regular reader and sometime blogger in early Spring. When I returned (two weeks ago) I noticed that the site looked alot like it did when I left months ago. Unlike TSN or Sportsnet it allowed some of us to have a soapbox. It was always respectful but as time went on many bloggers and readers just disappeared. It saddens me that the site vanished. I would like to hear the real reason why it "ceased to exist". I finally "Googled Fadoo",and found this site (many thanks).In the end if Sir Robert was nudged by Sportsnet, perhaps they need to examine more than their fleeting demographics they now cater to...

June 22, 2010 @ 10:56 PM

YukonSloMo

June 22, 2010 @ 10:58 PM

YukonSloMo

I sent emails to a few of the moderators who were behind the scenes and alas...no returns?! I even sent one to the company that initially developed the show....notta! Hell this cover up is better than anything I have seen in my lifetime...If there are winds of change at Sportsnet..lets hope Sir Robert can go else where and thrive. Regardless of his viewpoint or comments he is a icon when it comes to sports talk radio/tv. Many have tried since...but he did it first...Love him or not...Sir Robert makes me laugh....YSM

June 22, 2010 @ 11:15 PM