Toronto Transit Civility Commission TTC Etiquette Campaign

TTCThe National Post has formed the Toronto Transit Civility Commission to help promote TTC etiquette. They've made printable posters that remind riders not to clip their nails, to apply deodorant and that backpacks don't get their own seat.

The TTC has a notoriously poor sense of humour, so I doubt they'll allow these posters to be displayed on TTC property. Still, it's a good idea.

ttcc poster

Rick C in Oakville

LOL I wondered when something like this would come along. My few trips a year on the TTC remind me of it's acronyms other meaning of Take the Car.

Some people pack as if they are summitting Everest.

April 24, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

Will Sudmier

That poster is hilarious. I think that you Canadian's have a better sense of humor than us Americans do, unfortunately.

I wish they had something like that for our BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) system out here in California. I swear: people's etiquette just gets worse and worse on those trains!

-Will

April 24, 2010 @ 9:23 PM

Lorne

Cute. Does anyone have the anagram maps from the linked article in the linked blog post?

April 24, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

That was Robot Johnny's anagram map. A great printable version is here: http://www.robotjohnny.com/download/ttcanagram.pdf

April 24, 2010 @ 10:33 PM

Anonymous

the only thing wrong with this ad is that the train seems empty. they should've photoshopped some ppl ;)

April 25, 2010 @ 12:05 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

I think we need that service for the employees and their precious effin union which makes them immune to giving a shit about customer service or anything else job related, not the riders!

I can't count the amount of times no one is in the booth! People walk through in DRVES without paying and then the TTV says they have no money.

Do the math. Union employees that have no motivation to care, free ride, no money for the TTC.

April 25, 2010 @ 12:39 PM

Neville A. Ross

The above comment is a fine example of the kind of person that is allowed to post comments about the TTC and city matters online: ignorant, illiterate, and mostly ill-informed. Why not learn how to do spell-check, buddy? Or is just posting bullshit about the TTC and city matters your only purpose in life?

AS for the National Pest-the same people who hate the TTC and want to see it privatized-they can kiss my ass, as well as FOAD.

April 26, 2010 @ 11:40 PM

Neville A. Ross

April 27, 2010 @ 12:12 AM

Neville A. Ross

Oops, sorry for the double post!

April 27, 2010 @ 1:50 PM

Neville A. Ross

Oops, sorry for the double post!

April 27, 2010 @ 2:14 PM

grant Gold

you need to check out this site if you like these posters...

violation report .com